anyone else hit a plateau?

Options
Hey guys!

I've been tracking for 30 some days now, while exercising 6-7 times a week.
When I first started the weight FELL off and now nothing seems to be happening...
I do cardio every day, strength training every other (or couple days in between depending on how sore I am).
I eat well. Portioned healthy cereal in the morning or a Greek yogurt. Grilled chicken and veggies for lunch usually. And dinner is usually something chicken related as well. Healthy snacks throughout the day. Lots of water.

Am I missing something?? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Laurel

Replies

• twilks11
    twilks11 Posts: 29
    Options
    Try switching it up. Once we hit a plateau sometimes we just need to tweak a few things. When i hit mine I added a little different food. EXP I ate cereal in the morning and switched it up to egg whites and wheat toast. Just little things like that can make a difference. I also added different things at the gym and cut one thing out for a little bit. I go back to them but change it up monthly. People hit plateau's at different levels. Mine seemed to be a few weeks after I started a different diet.
  • MiChaChelle
    MiChaChelle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    you need to make your diary public in order for us to help you out, if you're netting below 1200 u can easily hit a plateau. i had a plateau a couple of months back where i was eating below 1200 then i upped my calories to 1200 and the weight came off then recently i had another plateau and i upped my cals to 1350 and the weight is coming right off!
    that might be your problem?
  • lbecks11
    lbecks11 Posts: 9
    Options
    Oh! I had no idea I could make my diary public. Haha.
    I'll try to figure out how to do it right now. Thanks for the advice so far!! :)
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The one thing I noticed is that you don't eat very many vegetables. Load up on some fresh veggies....not many calories and full of goodness that will help you bust through that plateau.
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau every 4-5 weeks... They generally last about 10 days or so.

What I have found is that while the scale does not move, I can see and feel my body is re-configuring itself- i.e. lost inches, muscle tone, etc.

Like the others are saying... eat healthy, eat enough (don't cheat on logging- log everything in correct portions), keep exercising and the weight will come off!
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yup. I plateaued for about a month, then dropped 2lbs, and now I've hit another plateau!!! I know exactly why it is though - I've not been able to get to the gym due to a hip injury and that has impacted me significantly, I'm hopeful that once I get back into the gym, the weight will drop off once more.
  • lbecks11
    lbecks11 Posts: 9
    Options
    I hit a plateau every 4-5 weeks... They generally last about 10 days or so.

What I have found is that while the scale does not move, I can see and feel my body is re-configuring itself- i.e. lost inches, muscle tone, etc.

Like the others are saying... eat healthy, eat enough (don't cheat on logging- log everything in correct portions), keep exercising and the weight will come off!

Oh I totally have toned up. Yet there's that stubborn little layer of extra all over my body that has to go. Haha. Same with me that the scale isn't moving. But I guess it's not really the number, it's how you look and feel right? I think I just need to up my juicing and that might help? It's just frustrating because no matter how healthy I eat I feel like its never enough. :(
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hit a plateau for almost a month. Then all of a sudden , the weight burns off again.
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ive been eating between 1000 - 1200 cals a day I switch up my training and once a week I have a blow out day, it kick starts the metabolism ready for the next week. I always weigh more the next day but but the end of the week Ive lost more. Hope this helps.
  • debrapeterson
    debrapeterson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes currently, but it is weight/mind plateau. I've wandered away went over not only calories but also type foods. I know I'm doing it and trying to stop. I notice I'm consuming to many sugars/fiber and until I get back to healthly eating my scales will either stay or go up.