41 yr old mom- 59 lbs to go- need friends!

Options

Replies

• burtonhl
    burtonhl Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm a 43 year old mom and have 25 lbs to go. I just started on MFP and have been doing my fair share of lurking too! Feel free to add me as a friend -that would bring my number of friends to a grand total of: 1! LOL
  • burtonhl
    burtonhl Posts: 57
    Options
    I will send an add.
    I am a 31 yr old mother of 4.
    I eating around 1400 calories - 1200 made me feel terrible.
    I exercise like mad.
    I have lost 47 lbs in 3.5 months & I still have 43 - 55 lbs to go.
  • bandedkitten
    Options
    Hey! I'm so glad you posted. I need MFP pals too. I am 53 but mentally much younger (and look younger too) just want to get rid of these horrific 50 lbs that make me feel exhausted and uncomfortable. I know it can be done. I really like MFP better than the ww site. I think the calories database is awesome and i can't believe this is free! I support all of you out there trying to do this. I'm tired of being the fat girl at the party. I was once a size 3-5 and got a lot of flattering attention and could wear anything. But now i'm feeling embarrassed to even leave the house half the time. I don't want to be old yet. I still feel young.

Let's DO IT people! I'm here for you.

xoxox
  • aslaurais
    aslaurais Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've logged in here and there but need to get serious about this. I'm 38 with a 2 year old -- time to put down the bad snacks and lose this baby weight! I need to lose around 20 or so to feel better. I'm *hoping* to have another so I need to shape up!

Good luck everybody!

Laura
  • RaysfanATL
    RaysfanATL Posts: 94
    Options
    50 year old mom ( kids are grown) and started a new life in Georgia, due to a job promotion! Add me, I need friends on here too! Love this site, I need to lose at least another 25-30 lbs!!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I will be 41 next month, have 3 kids, I have lost 18 lbs and have 64 or so to go.
  • 521DIVA
    521DIVA Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi u can add me also, i'm need to this. I dont no who to add friends lol:laugh:
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm always up for more MFP's to support and get support! Good luck with your journey :D
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I understand how hard it is! I am 40 yr old mother. I am always looking for friends that are truly motivated to lose. Supporting one another helps with motivation.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me :smile:
  • susansofia
    Options
    I know the feeling though my friends range from tiny gals to big gals however my husband is in great shape, so I need to get on track!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am a 41 year old mom of two. I live in South Louisiana and have about 15 lbs to lose. I log on every day. Feel free to add me.
  • sandseeker
    Options
    I too am new to this, My first time blogging. I also am looking for friends for encouragement. I am 40 years old and needing to lose around 60 lbs as well, I will add you as my friend and anyone else who would like to add me feel free. Looking forward to making new friends and getting and giving encouragement.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm 41 too. Just started taking mfp seriously as I train to hike Mt. Fuji in 2 weeks! Eek!
  • fatnuglycndn
    Options
    Hi :) Feel free to add me! I NEED the support too since I've recently moved and have made no friends yet anyway!
    I'm 37, mom of 2, step mom of 6. I've lost 48 lbs and have 72lbs left... I decided to try My Fitness Pal to find friends & support on this journey.
  • Deb_smiles
    Deb_smiles Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to add you! We are all in each other's corners! Keep up the good work!
  • IBetterShapeUp
    Options
    Hi- I've been lurking here at MFP for awhile- reading boards and posting every now and again. Looking for some support. All my in-town friends are skinny minis and don't quite get how hard this is... Anyone ?

I would be more than happy to add you! I get how hard it is. Lost 30 years back and said I would never gain it back cause it was so hard!!! Found myself back in the same boat. I am paddling.... ; ):flowerforyou:
  • labtracks
    labtracks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 36 with a 5 month old who is trying to lose the last 15 pounds of pregnancy weight. Loosing this weight seems to be the hardest thing I've ever done. I've been on since March, eating well and exercising and haven't really lost a thing.... :( Just yo-yo. Maybe when I stop feeding?? Anyhow, welcome!!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I'll be 40 in three weeks, I have 2 sons, I've lost 84 pounds, and still have about 40-45 to go!
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    add me... :)