My first 5K Warrior Dash Photos!

Options
gaelyngaelyn
gaelyngaelyn Posts: 86 Member
Wow that was so much fun. Covered in mud from head to toe. I have no idea what my time was with all the crazy obstacles that are involved in a warrior dash race but one thing is for sure-it was a mess of a way to burn calories! A pretty awesome first 5K and very cool birthdayyy present (my sis paid for our entry)... maybe my next 5K race won't involve mud pits and flames and barbed wire crawls and I can actually get a time on it!:)

2qjvdie.jpg

9ifcw8.jpg

4q1pmx.jpg

2dilft2.jpg

Replies

• Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    hahaha! that is awesome! those are some bad@ss photos!
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    Really cool ! You definitely have a little Katniss Everdeen going on!
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    HOT!! Great job!!
  • gaelyngaelyn
    Options
    Thanks guys! I highly recommend trying the warrior dash, even if you're new to running... The comradery was amazing.:) If its within driving distance for me, I'll go with you!
  • KNal86
    KNal86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I did warrior dash for the first time in may and it was awesome! You can log onto their site and pull up your time as long as you didn't lose the chip tied to your shoe.
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wasn't it a blast?
  • gaelyngaelyn
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried Tough Mudder?? - thinking about doing that next! :) It looks crazy!
  • osubrndn
    osubrndn Posts: 32
    Options
    i did warrior dash last year it's alot of fun...i want to do the tough mudder next too
  • ben_running
    Options
    Kentucky?
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and totally kick *kitten*. There is one nearby in September, and I really want to try one but someone told me the crowds were intense and you had to wait in line for obstacles. Did you have the experience, were the crowds very bad?

I was so pumped for it, but she made it sound less awesome.

Great job!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and totally kick *kitten*. There is one nearby in September, and I really want to try one but someone told me the crowds were intense and you had to wait in line for obstacles. Did you have the experience, were the crowds very bad?

Great job!

I've done the Warrior Dash twice, so much fun! This year myself and about 20 other friends of mine rented a 5,000 sq. ft. house in Charlotte, NC and had a big party after.

Best thing to do would be to sign up for one of the earlier heats, like 9:30 am. All of the water obstacles are fresh; coming into and out of the water can be slippery so be careful.

Other than that, I would go for it. It's tons of fun and I'm looking forward to #3 next year! :)
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    These types of races are right up my alley. First on my list is the zombie run, the a warrior dash, then maybe a tough mudder.... Dunno yet, but I am surely gonna try!
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the warrior dash this coming August in Wisconsin :D

I'm like UBER pumped. Question, do you need a lot of upper body strength? I've been mainly running and i have like no upper body strength. :/
  • gaelyngaelyn
    Options
    Really cool ! You definitely have a little Katniss Everdeen going on!

Ha! Thank you! She is from Louisville KY too! :)
  • gaelyngaelyn
    Options
    I'm doing the warrior dash this coming August in Wisconsin :D

I'm like UBER pumped. Question, do you need a lot of upper body strength? I've been mainly running and i have like no upper body strength. :/

There are definitely a few obstacles where you have to climb/pull yourself up... but I think most people with any reasonable amount of fitness can get through it... I know I used my legs to push up more than my arms to pull on a lot of the walls. Go with a friend so you have some help... you'll be fine! :)
  • gaelyngaelyn
    Options

Great job!

There were moments where the path got narrow and slowed the crowd but I will say going too fast on those parts wouldn't really be possible anyway (steep, slippery, ect) so I wasn't really bothered by it. And most of the obstacles there was room go go next to another person who wasn't moving as fast as you'd like. All in all we had a really good experience. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!