NSV - children's clothing

Options
sarah2954
sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
Yeah, I can totally wear it.

I was folding clothes a few weeks ago and turned what I thought was my t-shirt right side out and discovered it was my 10 year old son's shirt. So I tried it on, and it fit!

This past weekend, I was at my brother's house - he has 13 and 10 year old sons. His 10 year old was showing me his new ambercrombie hoodie (kids large) and I was teasing him and took it and put it on, and it fit great! Better than the adult size small hoodie I was wearing - the sleeve length was perfect. My 13 year old nephew who is like half an inch shorter than me (I'm 5'2.5") and weighs 150ish gave me an ambercrombie hoodie that's too tight on him now and said I could have it - I was actually a little big, loose in the shoulders (it's a kids XL).

Once I hit my goal, I'm so going to ambercrombie kids. I love american eagle jeans but even the short/petite are a tad long, I bet the kids sizes will fit great. And they'll cost way less than adult clothes!

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You've inspired me to try on my nephews sweatshirt later
  • sarah2954
    Options
    You've inspired me to try on my nephews sweatshirt later

Do it!
  • sphares
    sphares Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! My husband and I have both started shopping in the kids sections at department stores. Especially for workout clothes. I'm petite as well and the girls XL size fits better than the misses S - and it's sooooo much cheaper!
  • sarah2954
    Options
    That's awesome! My husband and I have both started shopping in the kids sections at department stores. Especially for workout clothes. I'm petite as well and the girls XL size fits better than the misses S - and it's sooooo much cheaper!

I hadn't thought about buying kids workout clothes. Thanks!

I haven't been thrilled with the recent trend that childen's (especially girls) clothing looking so adult, but it will benefit me personally :P
  • brendabergley
    Options
    I loved your story, I may need to check out my sons closet. He is 17 and I am sure there are a few sweatshirts that no longer fit him:wink:
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Kids clothes are so much cheaper too! :bigsmile:
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have a daughter..so there is no chance I am wearing her clothes...
  • sarah2954
    Options
    I have a daughter..so there is no chance I am wearing her clothes...

I'm guessing you're a guy? :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!