I finally DID it!!

Options
mbailey84
mbailey84 Posts: 13 Member
Ever since my second year in college I have been gaining weight, that was 8 years ago. I got up to around 180 and then got pregnant with my wonderful little girl. Graduated. Had her and was back to around 175.
This was me then: 5foot 3in 175 December 2009 wearing a size 14.
facebook_51765jpg-1.jpg
facebook_51762jpg-1.jpg

I looked like that, maybe a little smaller (170lb) because sporatic crash dieting over the last 2.5-3 years.
In January I looked at myself and didnt like what I saw so I changed it. In the last 6 months I started exercising, not really hard or every day (or even every other day). and eating between 1200-1500 cals a day. That was it. In 6 months I have lost 35lbs, 3 pant sizes and feel good about myself.
These pics were taken in May 2012. 135lbs wearing a size 8
facebook_51767jpg.jpg
facebook_51766jpg.jpg
facebook_51763jpg.jpg
It wasnt anything huge like 100+ pounds and the differences arent that great as of now, but I feel really good about it and like I have finally done this thing I wanted to do for years. I actually signed up for a 5K in August.

Replies

• amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    Ever since my second year in college I have been gaining weight, that was 8 years ago. I got up to around 180 and then got pregnant with my wonderful little girl. Graduated. Had her and was back to around 175.
    This was me then: 5foot 3in 175 December 2009 wearing a size 14.
    facebook_51765jpg-1.jpg
    facebook_51762jpg-1.jpg

I looked like that, maybe a little smaller (170lb) because sporatic crash dieting over the last 2.5-3 years.
    In January I looked at myself and didnt like what I saw so I changed it. In the last 6 months I started exercising, not really hard or every day (or even every other day). and eating between 1200-1500 cals a day. That was it. In 6 months I have lost 35lbs, 3 pant sizes and feel good about myself.
    These pics were taken in May 2012. 135lbs wearing a size 8
    facebook_51767jpg.jpg
    facebook_51766jpg.jpg
    facebook_51763jpg.jpg

It wasnt anything huge like 100+ pounds and the differences arent that great as of now, but I feel really good about it and like I have finally done this thing I wanted to do for years. I actually signed up for a 5K in August.
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    pictures didn't show up, but I am 5,3 and my goal is to be at 135 eventually. My initial goal is to be at 150. I started at 185 lb and am currently at 175 lb..:(
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations. Job well done. I love to read the success storys here.
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    Next time change the IMG to img.

What you lost isn't the important part, it's that you feel good about what you've accomplished. Congrats!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats on the changes you made. Also thanks amazon75 for :flowerforyou: for quoting and correcting so pictures were available
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    pictures didn't show up, but I am 5,3 and my goal is to be at 135 eventually. My initial goal is to be at 150. I started at 185 lb and am currently at 175 lb..:(

You look great. Someone fix the pics for you. Good luck for your 5k in Aug.
  • mbailey84
    Options
    Oh hey! Thanks Amazon75! They dont make it eazy to put pics up on here. <---first timer
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Job well done!
  • MaretL
    MaretL Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful before and even more so now - it shows how well you feel now in your body :) Well done!!
  • AstridParties
    AstridParties Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look great...the difference is very noticeable...keep up the great work!
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic and your daughter's a wee cutie too :smile:
  • val404
    val404 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I just wanted to let you know that at age 59 , I started running also. I've completed several 5k runs and a couple 7k. My last one was Around the Bay 5k. I'm now 61 and have had to stop due to knee surgery, but hope to return to jogging again. I started out running ,with the running room on a learn to run program , free on wed night and a sunday morning's. I loved the companionship of the girls and the general all over healthy feeling that comes with the running. The weight lose/muscle toning was an added bonus. go slow and steady to start so you don't have any injuries and good luck on your adventure. Once you cross that finish line in your first race , you will have such a rush!! You can do it and good luck!
  • kinzytg
    kinzytg Posts: 42
    Options
    You look great and really happy, be proud of what you have accomplished.
  • denny36
    denny36 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hiya, congrats. You look great.

Can i ask what your diet consisted off, i am up and down the past few months, with 2 babies i'm finding it hard.

Thanks
  • mbailey84
    Options
    I really did not change what i was eating that much. I switched beef for turkey in almost everything and i was drinking monster and heavy beer a lot. Switched to low carb monster and light beer. Mostly i just kept track of caloriea on here and changed portion sizes. It was really hard the firat month and i didnt exercise at all that first mont either so i could adjust to the new calorie goal. After about a month or two i just got used to 1200 calories, so i started adding in exercise to create Deficit. I have been lslacking on that recently because of vacations and hubby being gone a lot.
    Its harder with kiddos but doable. My daughter benefits from it to, our whole household has changed habbits a little because im the one that does the shopping.
    Now its time to tone up this new body. Butt bibble and 5k training here i come. My two favorite thing i have read on here sre: if you want minnie mouse muscles lift minnie mouse weights.. And diets make you look good in clothes exercise makes you look good naked. Just going to keep thse in mind during the next few sore months.
    Good luck and add me if you want.
  • denny36
    denny36 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot, you seem to have done it the way i'm trying. I don't have a hugh amount to lose, 20lbs would be great but i'd be happy with 15lbs.
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations. Job well done. I love to read the success stories here.
  • happy2mamma
    happy2mamma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Such an accomplishment!
  • jcmetz
    jcmetz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You did do something great for you! What a great accomplishment, be proud! Congratulations.

I am also 5'3 and started my journey at 170. I got on the scale yesterday and it was 139.6, I am getting there, slowly but surely :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Good job! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!