My "Skinny" Jeans!

Options
shellsrenee01
shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
This past weekend, I had to go through my entire closet because I needed to find something specific. While doing that, I took all my old jeans out and decided to see which ones fit and which were either too big or still too small.

As I'm pulling on pair after pair, I'm thinking to myself "Wow, I can get all of these on without any issue!" :happy: and every so often I thought "Woah, these are too BIG!" :noway:

Then came the moment...I pulled the last pair out from the very back corner of my closet. The special pair. Ladies, you know which pair I'm talking about. The "skinny" jeans.

I bought my skinny jeans in 2003 after losing 40 lbs. I was only able to wear them about a month before the weight came back on. :sad: I kept the jeans, though. I kept them to remember that if I could do it once before, I could do it again.

Saturday, June 23, 2012 was the day I could wear my skinny jeans again! :bigsmile: So incredibly exciting.

Replies

• palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Oh that is so great! That is a huge accomplishment! :)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! You made it! No going back this time :happy:
  • dooberrywotsit7
    Options
    Well done Hun, i can't wait for that day to come to me as well !!!!!!!!! Keep at it xx
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that feeling!!! These are my "skinny" jeans in my profile pic. That was an AWESOME day! Congrats and enjoy!!
  • rexzmumu
    rexzmumu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    always makes for a good night. wtg
  • shellsrenee01
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! If I keep up the progress, I'll soon be into a size that I haven't worn since JR High (size 14)! :flowerforyou: Whoop!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Thats so Exciting!! Congrats!! :drinker:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, that is AWESOME!!

I actually did NOT have any skinny jeans left because I had given up before finally deciding to turn things around, but it wouldn't have even mattered, because I am currently wearing a smaller size than I ever have in my entire adult life! lol...
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Just wait unitl they're too big for you!

I had a pair I saved for 5 years. They fit about 2 months ago and I wore them nearly every day for 2 weeks. I pulled them out yesterday and slid them on and off without unbuttoning them - they were ginormous! I can't believe my butt filled them out lol.
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Congrats and continue. I LOVE clothing NSV's.
  • shellsrenee01
    Options
    I LOVE that feeling!!! These are my "skinny" jeans in my profile pic. That was an AWESOME day! Congrats and enjoy!!

They look great on you! Good job!
  • shellsrenee01
    Options
    Woohoo, that is AWESOME!!

I actually did NOT have any skinny jeans left because I had given up before finally deciding to turn things around, but it wouldn't have even mattered, because I am currently wearing a smaller size than I ever have in my entire adult life! lol...

I can't wait for that moment where I'm smaller than I've ever been. Way to go!! :)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Huge NSV. :flowerforyou: !!!!
  • shellsrenee01
    Options
    Way to go! Just wait unitl they're too big for you!

I had a pair I saved for 5 years. They fit about 2 months ago and I wore them nearly every day for 2 weeks. I pulled them out yesterday and slid them on and off without unbuttoning them - they were ginormous! I can't believe my butt filled them out lol.

My skinny jeans are a size 16. In March, right before I started MFP, I was a size 22. I put those on now and they barely stay on for a few seconds until they begin sliding down on their own. It's a great feeling. Good job!
  • KBUnleashed
    KBUnleashed Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome!!!

I have a pair of size 8 jeans saved. I can't wait until I fit into them (hopefully by the end of summer).

I was clothes shopping the other day and I agree that it is so exciting when you can bring something into the dressing room and need a smaller size!!! That is well worth all of the work!!!
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I can't wait until I can make the same discovery :)

BTW I am in LOVE with your dress in your profile pic! Dresses never look that good on me :/
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Clothing is one of my biggest motivators! :happy: It is just suchhhh a great feeling fitting comfortably and LOOKING GOOD in cute clothes....so congratulations on your huge success!!:drinker:
  • mrswarrick
    mrswarrick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Now, throw all the others away!!! SO there is no going back. :)
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm in the process of trying on old jeans I've refused to part with too! Quite a few pairs button but still are a wee bit tight. I wore a big, comfy pair that used to be my go to jeans when I was chunkier yesterday to run errands, and the darn things were just about to fall off. My husband kept threatening to "pants" me. I am able to wear a pair I bought for my bachelorette party though! Woo-hoo! They are definitely tight, but they were when I bought them...That's why I bought them. Hehehe!

Congratulations!!! Keep up the amazing work! Thanks for posting!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations....what a feeling that must be!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!