Personal Trainer Here to Help with Meal Planning

Options
I'm getting a lot of questions about when you should and should not take in certain meals containing X amount of fats, carbs and proteins. I'm here to answer your questions if you're stuck on anything. Regarding a fitness regimen, your diet takes up 70% of the importance and the other 30% takes place inside the gym. Look forward to helping.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have a question.

what are the importance of macros in fat loss and what macros do you suggest setting? also do you think these are the same macro settings that can be used with maintenance plans.

thanks in advance!
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I would love feedback. It's not perfect, but I really try and focus every day and I log every dang thing that I eat good or bad so it's very accurate!
  • sfuller911
    sfuller911 Posts: 63
    Options
    I read the other day that it is smart to eat no/low carb @ dinner and only eating them during breakfast/lunch. I am not doing strictly low carb.
  • sfuller911
    sfuller911 Posts: 63
    Options
    I love looking at my friend's diaries, don't you?
  • twilks11
    twilks11 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello I actually need help on learning how to not so much spot train I know that doesn't exist. But I am looking for gym ideas to lost my middle.I learned how to tone my arms and legs up but how do I do that baby bump in the middle..Any ideas would be great..Thanks
  • Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    My diary is open to friends, so if you get chance can you have a look? :)
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I asked you this on a different post, but I never sent it to you by private email as you requested. Maybe you'll answer it here....

Looking over your food log, you seem to eat a lot of processed foods and no fresh vegetables. That just doesn't seem very healthy to me. Are you a licensed nutritionist?
  • maximus4664
    Options
    I am wondering how many calories I should be eating to gain muscle mass I am 5'7 146lbs 36 years old male ?
  • nreamon
    nreamon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo confused! I've learned a lot about nutrition and what I should be eating but for some reason, Im not seeing results. Want to take a look at my food diary? HELP!!! =)
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what some good sources of protein are besides meat, pb, and beans? I am always falling short in the protein category. Thanks!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind being told if i am eating way too many crappy foods.
  • cjacole
    cjacole Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    any advice would be great, thanks
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I asked you this on a different post, but I never sent it to you by private email as you requested. Maybe you'll answer it here....

Looking over your food log, you seem to eat a lot of processed foods and no fresh vegetables. That just doesn't seem very healthy to me. Are you a licensed nutritionist?

Good for you. Personal trainers are NOT nutritionists unless they have credentials in nutrition. I have heard nearly as much bunk and bad advice from personal trainers as from breakfast cereal marketing campaigns.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

No...he works as a trainer in a gym. His degree is in journalism.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Good for you. Personal trainers are NOT nutritionists unless they have credentials in nutrition. I have heard nearly as much bunk and bad advice from personal trainers as from breakfast cereal marketing campaigns.

[sarcasm] but what if the personal trainer is here selling something other than snake oil.... I wonder if said personal trainer is a member of Beachbody or something similar [/sarcasm]
  • brightpebbles89
    brightpebbles89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    this might sound stupid and it properly is but ill ask anyway, i work nights and a lot of things i have read say don't eat big meals late at night. but is this true for everyone or can i eat my biggest meal half way threw my night-shift? because i crave carbs like no tomorrow at night!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a lot of questions about when you should and should not take in certain meals containing X amount of fats, carbs and proteins. I'm here to answer your questions if you're stuck on anything. Regarding a fitness regimen, your diet takes up 70% of the importance and the other 30% takes place inside the gym. Look forward to helping.

Dude has been here for nearly a YEAR and only has 28 posts.... that ought to say something.... Im sure the answers will be in the private messages
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

[sarcasm] but what if the personal trainer is here selling something other than snake oil.... I wonder if said personal trainer is a member of Beachbody or something similar [/sarcasm]

I help people here myself as I enjoy helping people past there sticking points. I get a kick from it.

I have paid clients that pay my way, plus a day job and then seeing people succeed here makes me feel good. Sorry if you think people are always on the take.

Maybe you should think before you speak and not be so scathing. Bit harsh really for a friendly post!
  • brianj1988
    brianj1988 Posts: 48
    Options
    I see some of you have questions. If you do, copy and paste it to my inbox (if you already asked) If you haven't yet, feel free to. I'm here to help.
  • LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I see some of you have questions. If you do, copy and paste it to my inbox (if you already asked) If you haven't yet, feel free to. I'm here to help.

Why not answer them in the forum?

My guess is that your are:
    (a) Selling something
    (b) Giving bro-tastic advice and you're afraid of being called out on it.

Either way, it smells like you're hiding something.