Brag About It!!!

Options
I completed every goal I set for myself this week!!!...including an advance spin class given at 530 pm on FRIDAYS... I'm committed. FINALLY!

If you're proud of your hard work, or if you've recently broke a plateau.... maybe you completed a challenge, or made a better choice at the vending machine!

Revel in your strenghth and success! Brag about it here! Get motivation, and let's get moving on the next small step to big loss!

Good Luck all you Pals!

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    You have "braggin rights" !! Good job! It does feel great to accomplish any goal and you just did it!! I just finished the 60 day Insanity Series, losing 7.5 (without clean eating) and a total of 8 inches and gaining such pride from that extremely tuff workout! I loved it and will surely do it again after my next challenge starting tomorrow with ChaLean Extreme series! Once again good job, a pat on the back and KEEP at it!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I had hoped to be half-way to my goal of losing 178 pounds by my Birthday (October 21) before we left on vacation for Las Vegas. I weighed the day before we left and I had lost 83 pounds. I was happy because I am feeling so much better, the seatbelt on the airplane fit (without asking for an extender) which was another one of my goals, and I am able to walk without pain (3 miles a day most days). :blushing:

Then, the day after we got home, I weighed again, and I had lost another 6 pounds while we were on vacation.:noway: :laugh:

I have donated 5 bags of large clothes to a local animal rescue organization and they will sell them to buy supplies for the animals.

If I knew how to dance, I would still be doing the Happy Dance. Thanks for giving me a place to Brag.
  • vhuber
    Options
    I had hoped to be half-way to my goal of losing 178 pounds by my Birthday (October 21) before we left on vacation for Las Vegas. I weighed the day before we left and I had lost 83 pounds. I was happy because I am feeling so much better, the seatbelt on the airplane fit (without asking for an extender) which was another one of my goals, and I am able to walk without pain (3 miles a day most days). :blushing:

Then, the day after we got home, I weighed again, and I had lost another 6 pounds while we were on vacation.:noway: :laugh:

I have donated 5 bags of large clothes to a local animal rescue organization and they will sell them to buy supplies for the animals.

If I knew how to dance, I would still be doing the Happy Dance. Thanks for giving me a place to Brag.
    AWESOME-AWESOMW-AWESOME! I am soooooo proud of you!! Hang in there and PLEASE do NOT give up!!!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love it! It is something to brag about, and it seems like this is the only forum we can! :tongue: Congrats everyone!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone!

I ran a 10 minute mile last night. I'm training for a 5K, which is next Saturday. I just started "running" in June (with walking intervals to start). :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, Amy!! I'm hoping to eventually do a 15 minute mile. 10 minutes is incredible:happy: :happy:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!:drinker:
  • Amy_B
    Options
    That is awesome, Amy!! I'm hoping to eventually do a 15 minute mile. 10 minutes is incredible:happy: :happy:
    Thanks! I kind of shocked myself. LOL
  • abjones80
    Options
    AWESOME to eveyone!!! I'm at the 10 min mile too! I'm going back into the army and i'd like to get it back down to 7:30! that's my new goal,and you best believe i'll be braggin' when i finish my PT test in 15 mins or less.
    LJ, as for LOSING on vacation!!!!! SAH-WEET! I think that's going on my next goal list...come back THINNER from vacation!!! Congrats! you're looking fabulous!!

To all the viewers...what did you do today that worth braggin' about... did you finish a run, go for fresh veggies rather that mash potatoes... ? Here's where can say WHOO HOO to yourself, and congratulate others!

We're all gonna get to where we wanna be!!!
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I one-upped my run time from Thursday. Today I ran 5 miles in 49 minutes. Yeah! That's 9:44 instead of 10 minutes.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this thread - YAY to everyone for your progress!! :flowerforyou:

I don't have much to brag - maybe tomorrow when I check-in. But I'm happy to report I did Jillian's Shred Level 2 twice this week. And at my daughter's tumbling class this morning, I actually enjoyed our little warm-up run around the gym. There just might be a runner in me after all. :happy:

Also, this is non-fitness related, but I gave blood today. So, I'm taking a break from strenuous activity, but I'll be back on it tomorrow.

Great job everyone!!
  • paladyinred
    Options
    Great job everyone! Remember a success story no matter how big or small is still...A SUCCESS STORY!

YOU ALL ROCK!!

Sue:bigsmile:
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I FINALLY ran a mile in under 10 minutes... I was totally wiped and couldn't do anthing else in the gym that day... but I busted through that 10 min goal so it was a great day!

My size 12 pants are also starting to get a little loose. I am also getting close a weight in the 170's. That means I am about to be at my smallest size ever!

Amazing that less than a year ago I was 242 and a size 18/20!

Something to brag about, for sure!
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    After writing my last post I went to change out of my gym clothes and as I was bending over the foot of my bed I noticed in the mirror that my stomach no longer bulges out when I bend over, it actually folds inwards now. Kinda makes 2 separate hangy skin pouches still, so not exactly the most charming thing in the world, but still.

That's a success story, right?
  • vhuber
    Options
    Good job GumbyAnne! You MUST post your before AND progress pic's, we are all waiting!!!! 60 pounds makes a huge difference!!!!
  • paladyinred
    Options
    Compared to the other success stories this one is nothing special...but it is to me!

I joined this site yesterday and made a commitment to myself to lose an excess 50+ pounds. I started my food log yesterday and today I actually got off my butt and exercised! Only walked about a mile and was on the Tony Little's Gazelle and burned an additional 100 calories. It is a small start and I am proud of it! Two steps I have taken on my road to a new me!

Thanks you all for posting your success stories, encouragement and suggestions. It helped this determined 53 year young gal.

Sue
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! fannnnnnntastic!
  • joezmom
    Options
    I ran 8 milles today:happy: I started running last June, I've done one 5K in September, I have another planned for Turkey Day and I'm training for a half marathon in the spring. I did 6 miles 2 weeks ago and typically run 2 or 3 days of 3-4 miles. I'm so excited, I'm now planning to run a half marathon next month! I feel so good, I just want to be able to finish the December half and then maybe I'll train for time at the half this may :) I think I'm getting addicted to the mileage!! Great job everyone, it kinda feels good to brag a little:wink:
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I gave up drinking soft drinks, that was extremely hard for me!:smile:
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can now pull up my jeans without unbuttoning or unzipping them and I had to tighten my belt.:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!