Looking for supportive friends.

Options
I have recently gained about 40lbs. Before now I stayed at a fairly consistent weight. It is hard to be at the weight I am now, considering the last time I weighed this much was when I was pregnant almost 3 years ago. Tomorrow I am starting my new lifestyle of eating healthier and being more active, but I know I will need help. I have a family to consider when it comes to cooking meals, and really have no idea what to do. I am looking for supportive people to trade cooking ideas with and to encourage each other. My doctor recommended the exchange diet program so my daily food intake is based off that.

Replies

• tjungkunz
    tjungkunz Posts: 39
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I will def support you! Mom of 3 & cooking can be challenging to keep all happy :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you'll find lots of support here
  • msheridan83
    Options
    Thanks for adding me. Like you, I have to be considerate for the family that I have to cook for. I actually weighed less after my son was born than I do now. I have just let myself go. I can't wait to be skinnier and healthier and look better, all in time for me to start trying to get pregnant again! :happy:
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :-) I love new recipe ideas
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I just want to say that it's good that you want to be considerate of your families however.... What your families need is for you to be healthy, strong and vibrant. Getting educated about food and exercise and then living it is the biggest gift that you can give your family. You are teaching them how to live, cope and take care of themselves. I'm a mom of 4 grown kids. Wish I would have realized what I just told you when mine were still very young. Good luck and congratulations for looking for ways to help yourself be the healthiest you can be!
  • Shayshow
    Shayshow Posts: 17
    Options
    Kinda the same boat I am. Kinda....I would love to be in your support group!! I am needing a group to push pull and shove me to the gym too.
    Excuses: I often dont have the car, work 2 jobs and with my new found health issues often lack ANY energy at all! but I do wanna go!! My brain is a dancing bouncing fool!

But for now this will do. So Friend me and Ill push you if you push me :)