Were You Ever on TV?

Options

Replies

• Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Just the Boston news a few times.

And a quick shot during last years World Cup Final, I was sitting behind a couple guys with signs proposing to Hope Solo.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Briefly.... Last year I was in San Diego CA visiting friends and going to Comic-con. There was this really beautiful brunette news reporter covering the convention onsite. I just kinda stood there like a idiot. I was like "wow she's cute" It didn't register that she was a news reporter on live tv until she was done. I've tried to find a clip of it but haven't yet. Probably better that I don't or it can be used as blackmail against me.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Yes, but the TV broke, so I had to get down...
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i was once in a commercial in nicaragua for "mirinda uva" (grape soda). my spanish teacher saw it but i never caught a glimpse of my shining 5th grade face!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I was on the local Toronto news when I was in University. I worked at the Skydome (now known as The Rogers Centre) and they were holding a Halloween event called 'Treat Street'...where all the kids get to go trick or treating in all the haunted houses... My house was the 'Jelly Belly' house...so they had me say a certain line and hand out candies to the kids as they filmed me for TV...lol

I was also supposed to be on a TV show called 'Superstar Hair Challenge' a few years back. It is a show where people fight for the title of best hairstylist... I was to be one of the hair models...and was supposed to pretend to be a bride. Anyways, the day of the shoot they realized they'd asked too many girls to come so since I was the last person there they sent me home...waaahhh! LOL Which was too bad because even some of the stylists were begging them to keep me as they all wanted to work with my hair...haha Oh well...got a sweet hair care package and $75 coupon to a salon out of the deal....
  • daveclrk58
    daveclrk58 Posts: 258
    Options
    Locally (Owensboro, Ky) I've hosted a talk show for Owensboro Community and Technical College called Campus Closeup that is shown on Time Warner 71 here in Owensboro. I'm switching jobs, so I'll no longer be hosting the show. Nationally, I've been on ESPN twice. The first time was for Friday Night Fights. I had ringside tickets and my mug was right there beside the ring the entire night. The second time was for a Kentucky football bowl game. We were partying on Beal St. in Memphis for the Liberty Bowl, and a bunch of us UK fans stating doing the C-A-T-S, CATS, CATS, CATS chant into the camera. I was kinda out in front and after we did the chant, I popped my UK hoodie into the camera. I thought it was a local crew but they showed it on ESPN coming back from commercial break. My phone lit up with texts when they showed it. When I played sports in high school, I was on the local highlights and game replays quite frequently as well. Thats pretty well been my 15 mintues!!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yes...when I was in high school. I was in the concert choir and we were hired to sing on a local kids show in Philadelphia. Its too bad we didnt have camcorders back then...would love to see that! :D
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I've been to Jerry Springer twice and was in the audience on air both times...the first one was the most memorable...the topic was "I'm sleeping with the babysitter" and I ripped on this teenager who was sleeping with a 45 year old lady, called her mrs robinson and asked her what day care she found that little boy....I had coworkers telling me they saw me a month and a half later LOL \m/
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I was on TV for fire/bellydancing... A 30 minute show... that I got pretty much 15 to 30 seconds worth... Two instructional videos, arms, veil, & Ren Faire.. A glimpse of me & my sister during a Sammy Hagar Show in Oct 2010 on the 11 oclock news. . We didn't have any tequilla, but the girl standing next to me did, and she barfed on my feet.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    1. the local sunday mass, my CYO priest was doing the mass and invited us down to be in the audience
    2. local news report did a man on the street sort of thing -- did that twice
    3. on the David Letterman show, the musical guess came into the audience and i was in the front row, use to be on youtube.
    4. at a MTV Foo Fighters concert and the lead singer was climbing on the balcony and stopped right in front of me. That is still on youtube.
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    I was on when I was 10 years old as part of a local news feature highlighting the All-City Band competition. :)

I worked on the radio for a couple of years when I was in my late teens/early 20s... if that counts!
  • SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was on MTV's TRL about a decade ago. Just a bunch of standing and clapping in the audience but you can definitely see me. It was an episode where they had on a fire fighter that had been kicked off of survivor.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I've been on Fox news juggling :bigsmile:
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    In high school we had our own tv station in Ocean City, MD. Me and two others had a show called "Teen hot spots" We interviewed people and the kids at school to find out where the safest and funnest places to hang were. We tried doing an interview with La Hacienda in OC, but the manager was a complete douche. So...don't ever eat there.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I was, Then America's most wanted was cancelled
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I was on T.V once. Slept downtown to get wrist bands for the MMVAs, and we got to be on television because we were getting the wristbands.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Yup, I used to have my own show, actually :smile:
    My dorky mom still has every episode on tape.

I no longer work in the industry, but coincidentally a colleague just asked me if I was ever in a commercial. Apparently they're either running old commercials of my show in an entirely different region, or I have a look-a-like
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm reading each and every one of these .. great stuff! Keep them coming!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    About a year ago, I was on the news when my neighbors' house got hit by a truck. Again. I live on an intersection that apparently turns people's minds to mush and they plow into stationary objects. Their house has been hit four times. My house once, fence once, husband's parked car three times, neighbor on the other side once, minimarket across the street twice, barbershop cattycorner once, street sign hit so many times it fell down (and it was a concrete post), stop sign countless times, telephone pole along my house at least twice.

Other than that... it's a nice quiet neighborhood! :laugh: Actually, quiet neighborhood but busy, noisy street.

I was also on tv when I was in the audience of the Rush Limbaugh television show many years ago in what I swear was a past life. Being the only young woman in a room full of rich old men and young wannabe future rich old men... I kind of stood out in the crowd.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I appeared on a BBC documentary about Douglas Adams. I was dressed as a space vampire at a convention. I've also been interviewed twice by Radio 4.