Need to lose 100 pounds, starting over again...

Options
Njkelley
Njkelley Posts: 57 Member
Hi! I am starting AGAIN this morning. I am 39, female, need to lose 100 pounds. I have been doing the Body Revolution – and was doing really good – but on Memorial Day – camping derailed my diet, and I have been a mess since. It doesn’t take a lot to get me off the diet. The workouts are easy for me, I like them, food is my issue….I know what to do, just can’t stick with it.
I woke up last Monday with muscle impingement and bursitis in right shoulder, so missed the entire week, I have never had so much pain in my life. A cortisone shot later, im better. However tried going back to phase 1 on body revolution this morning, can’t do it. Too much planks/pushups, so I am just goin to focus on Cardio this week.
I have to lose this weight, and I really need some help….if I could just not eat, I’d be better. I did the body revolution diet for the first 30 days, but honestly it is way too restrictive….so I’m just going to focus on eating right – loosely following it and eating about 1200-1400 calories….I would love support, ideas, anything at this point.

Replies

• myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I will add you as a friend. I also have 100 to lose (more even, but 100 would satisfy me). I have often said that myself, about how I could just quit eating altogether except that people need food to survive. I have found that eating more filling foods is helping. Also, exercise helps me feel full faster (but also makes me hungry).
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I dont eat the best all the time. BUT i did have to come to the realization that this weight is not coming off over night. I am trying to change my whole lift right now and take it 1 day at a time.

I have never tried that work out before, but I do like Turbo Jam. JM 30 day shred was kind of boring for me. 1 did week 1 of insanity and then gave up. However today I am starting back up. I know I can do it. I ride my Mountain bike where ever I can and I love it.

Take it a day at a time and if you want to eat something EAT it. Just remember moderation.. Take a little bit to satisfy the craving and walk away from it. just cause there is a whole cake sitting on the counter doesnt mean you have to eat half of it... Just take a slice and be done.

Try walking outside, download the couch to 5k app on your phone. Once I hit 200 lbs I am going to start that. I have 10 pounds to go.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY to change your life. Feel free to add me.
  • kimberlyhaddix
    Options
    Hi, I will add you as well. I have 90 pounds to go. It's slow going but coming off. I just have to keep reminding myself that I didn't gain it overnight and it isn't going to come off overnight.
  • Hattieross
    Hattieross Posts: 17
    Options
    I will be your friend and support you.

I had a knee replacement (3) years ago that was totally botched. It rendered me practically immobile. Slowly, I started getting in the pool and swimming since I can no longer do any kind of floor exercises. I had to do what worked for ME.

Think of what works for YOU, what YOU enjoy re: physical activitity and concentrate on those. As long as you are moving you are burning calories.

I am a retired nurse and former caterer. I have lots of low fat, satisfying reciples I'm willing to share.

The important thing to remember is that you are not alone.

Hattie
  • MrsZamfir
    MrsZamfir Posts: 4
    Options
    I see we both are looking for the same help and of course. I believe accountability is a lot of help..