How do you change your mind...

Options
All my life I have battled my weight. It seems its been a constant struggle in my life forever and a day.

I have finally realized the healthy way with relatively clean eating and exercise.
With the help of my fabulous husband (whose support has been unbelievable) and my MFP family (thank you guys), I've lost 26.2 lbs and 11.75 inches overall. I've gone from a 12/14 to a size 8. Everyone says I look great and want to know my secret. I still have about 10 more pounds to go to reach my goal, but I feel really proud of what I have accomplished so far.

But, in my mind, I still feel like the fat kid and I am surprised when I see myself in the mirror and realize that the person looking back at me is me. I still expect to see the big person I was before. I can't wrap my head around this new smaller, healthier and happier person. It seems my head hasn't caught up with my body. I am not sure if it ever will. Does this feeling ever change? Will my mindset ever change? Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• Hungryalf
    Hungryalf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm at the same stage and similar size to you - totally agree. It is so nice when people comment on how you look with the weight loss and it really does make all the difference. I think it's also nice to to feel as attractive as maybe you look with the excess weight gone or nearly gone. It's who is inside that counts. Well done you !
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    There are tons on here who feel the same, who have posted. Personally I don't like how I look no matter what so I am sort of OK with the mirror, I just can't see myself in pictures.

Take your time, tell yourself you are beautiful, maybe keep a diary (a written one) with some of your victories and doubts. And keep going, hopefully one day you will wake up and see how beautiful you really are.