FITBIT VS. ?

Options
Hey guys, what would you recommend? The Fitbit or the biggest loser tracker?

Replies

• themarc
    themarc Posts: 2
    Options
    I opted for the BodyMedia Fit Link aka Biggest Loser Tracker aka BodyBugg. It seems like all other calculators that don't use sensors overestimate calorie burn. I'd rather have lower calorie burn estimate and work harder than the overage that others seem to report (including this site). My only complaint is that it hasn't tracked my sleep at all, but I don't know if I'm doing something wrong there.
  • alicialee05
    alicialee05 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Body Media Fit based on a similar survey I took.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit. I didn't want to have that large device planted on my arm daily with tons of people asking questions. The Fitbit does everything I need, it's hidden and overall I love it!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I've had both. I strongly prefer Fitbit.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media Link Armband. Here is a link to do a compare. You are only able to compare two things at a time. http://www.bodymedia.com/Products/Learn-More/Compare.

I don't mind the questions about it.
  • clcarter
    clcarter Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I used the body media armband and compared to fitbit...I LOVE the fitbit! :smile:
  • jynckz
    jynckz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had the fitbit, it broke, I bought the Bodymedia fit, then fitbit sent me a replacement.

I have been wearing them both and so far today, in 4 hours, the Bodymedia Fit has registered 500 more steps than the fitbit..

Now I will have to figure out which one is more accurate!!
  • AutumnBreeze07
    AutumnBreeze07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I opted for the BodyMedia Fit Link aka Biggest Loser Tracker aka BodyBugg. It seems like all other calculators that don't use sensors overestimate calorie burn. I'd rather have lower calorie burn estimate and work harder than the overage that others seem to report (including this site). My only complaint is that it hasn't tracked my sleep at all, but I don't know if I'm doing something wrong there.

There is a setting on the Fitbit site to set your sleep tracker to "normal" or "sensitive". Are you also holding down the button to start and end your sleep time -- or are you entering the time manually?

:drinker:
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media Fit and love it. I have lost consistantly since I have had it so it is working for me. I just recently decided to test out a tip I had heard here on the boards and tucked it into the side band of my bra against my skin. It seems to be pretty on par with the reading I got on my arm, which is great for the hot summer months wearing short sleeves and the like.
  • bearsmom82
    bearsmom82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have only tried Fitbit - but I love it! it's discreet, and it's motivating me to get more active, and I'm losing weight, so there's nothing there to complain about...
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media Fit and love it. I have lost consistantly since I have had it so it is working for me. I just recently decided to test out a tip I had heard here on the boards and tucked it into the side band of my bra against my skin. It seems to be pretty on par with the reading I got on my arm, which is great for the hot summer months wearing short sleeves and the like.

great idea!

I read about both before making decision on the bodymedia fit. I heard the fitbit didn't record weight lifting well, hardly at all and well I weight lift 3-4 times a week so that was the deal breaker for me. I have only had friends ask about it when I am wearing. I haven't had people come up to me or stare at it. It isn't large either. I hardly notice it when wearing it.
    But I do love the trick about in the bra. I will have to try that.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kaitimae/view/fitbit-vs-bodybugg-206759

That is a link to a blog I wrote about my experiences with both the Fitbit and the Bodybugg! Hope it's helpful!
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have been using fitbit for a few weeks and love it!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options

great idea!

I read about both before making decision on the bodymedia fit. I heard the fitbit didn't record weight lifting well, hardly at all and well I weight lift 3-4 times a week so that was the deal breaker for me. I have only had friends ask about it when I am wearing. I haven't had people come up to me or stare at it. It isn't large either. I hardly notice it when wearing it.
    But I do love the trick about in the bra. I will have to try that.

Does the BodyMedia give you a realistic calorie estimate for lifting? I thought it didn't. I might be recalling wrong, though.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I do not do hard ST (just started) but there is a site on Body Media has an exercise calculator that does include weight lifting. When the armband is not on your body, you are able to edit that time. So if you want to you, may take it off while lifting and then manually add in the weight training. I personally have never done this but it says it can be done.

There are people that experience skin issues with the Body Media and the armband itself. They are currently running a special on the original armband for $99.00 plus 12 months free subscription (this is the bigger one but the savings are great).

Everyone has their own choices on why they like either one. One factor is cost ($6.95 a month for BodyMedia) and yes there are a lot of foods not there. I however love that I am able to add my own food and not have to search through websites for the information or throught 20 listings of the same thing with different nutritional information.

Sorry if this does not make it easier but you could call each place and see what the return policy is and try each one and see which you prefer.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kaitimae/view/fitbit-vs-bodybugg-206759

That is a link to a blog I wrote about my experiences with both the Fitbit and the Bodybugg! Hope it's helpful!

Very helpful! Thanks.