Were You Ever on TV?

Options

Replies

• thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've been on TV a few times in the background (1st time I remember was when there was a fire at my school in the boiler room and we all had to come in anyway even thought it was freezing as it was just before exams, most recent was when the Olympic flame went past last week) but I've been on the other side of the camera a lot more often! I studied broadcast journalism at university for awhile (didn't finish the course for various reasons) so I had to do placements with shadowing reporters.

I've been on radio a lot more often though. One of my placements with my course I was on every day for a few weeks doing news stuff, I've been on when I won a competition (1st and only one I ever entered), I was interviewed when my Ranger unit (older girl guides) went to the local radio station, I was vox pop'd about something random for another local news station and a few other things.

Does having a photo I took appear on TV count? Because I've managed that one twice, lol.
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's only aired locally but I'm on an add for the dance studio I learnt to dance at in my home town :-)
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I've been on a few local commercials, and campus tv (from college if that counts). Also, I was on MTV'S TRL like 8 years ago when 50 cent was there, and in the audience for Live with Regis and Kelly, The View, and Conan O'Brien. It was all for a school trip through our communications department.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    While I've never appeared directly in front of the camera (as actor or interviewee), in 2001 I went to a live broadcast of a music show broadcast on BBC1* and later on I found myself in the Green Room with one of the artists who was being interviewed so was on screen for about 2-3mins. As I was wearing a very orange top and this was not one of my "thin" periods, I was apparently quite noticeable, dare I say the elephant in the room :laugh:

I used to be station manager and head DJ of our university radio station and hosted a number of radio shows, although at the time we only broadcast internally and via an AM-loop at the halls off campus.

*For any nerds out there, this was actually the Great British Song Contest , where the UK chose its representative for the Eurovision Song Contest. I got into the Green Room and was talking to Nanne Grönwall - coincidentally also the daughter-in-law of Benny Andersson from ABBA - when suddenly the show's presenter, Katy Hill, turns up shoves a mike in Nanne's face and asks inane questions. Unfortunately, Nanne came 4th out of 4 and was left abandoned in the Green Room alone - very rude and poor form, but it gave me the opportunity to chat with her and meet her husband Peter Grönwall, who along with Nanne (and ABBA) are musical heroes of mine, so I was in 7th heaven!:love:
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I once sat on a TV. Does that count?
  • tegtmeyerd
    tegtmeyerd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I went to see Letterman about 15 years ago and got front row seats. For some reason they handed out ears of corn to the audience. Since we were all college students, Letterman kept referring to us as "the Youth of America" and showing us on camera waving our corn...
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I was the token foreigner in a local news item in Japan once. I never saw it, but some of my colleagues did. I was on the local Spanish radio program in Japan too. I've only been in newspapers in Europe :yawn:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    In the early 80's, a local news station came out and profiled my TKD School.

I was also on the news with my daughter when the local news did a piece on new drivers and a class that the Insurance companies did on driving distgraction.

I don't think my "Cops" segment has aired yet.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I made local news a couple of times as a kid.. I was one of the lauded "Class of 2000" which people were quite fascinated by back in the 80s and 90s (believe it or not). They made a big deal of some of our events.

I've had a few local-news close calls as an adult. I was ambushed with an interview at a benefit I attended and sounded like a complete idiot, so was very relieved it did not air (as I always say, I am infinitely more articulate on paper than I am aloud). I was approached by a reporter outside work on my lunch break for some election-year politics story, but was in such a foul mood that day I informed him that he likely did not want to hear my opinion. haha!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I did a silly little public access thing when I was in fourth grade and I've been on local news a few times being interviewed.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've been on those ESPN cheerleading competitions in HS...we rocked!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I was on a reality type show last year, the kind where people have something they want to pawn or sell. Here's the YouTube video of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0mfezdU2f4
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I was in 3rd grade and they interviewed me at school about Pokemon. I told them that I wished my grandma would buy me more pokemon stuff. It was on the news so of course she saw it :P
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've been on the local news (and in the local paper) a few times over my life for various reasons and as a child was on the locally produced version of Romper Room (one of the Cdn ones).
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    This post just made me laugh, thanks :)
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I was on the news once for being at the first showing opening day of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Pretty cool.
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    I was on Cops.....I don't like to talk about it :angry:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've been on two episodes of In Plain Sight, a commercial for the March of Dimes, the movie Into the Wild, some news stories when I was in elementary school, and plenty of local news sports promos when I was a cheerleader in high school. I've also been in local newspapers for plays I was in. Hopefully, I'll be in more movies and tv shows soon!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I was on a local children's show once when I was little.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    OMG I got interviewed at the club I work for the news that's all