Puppy helping exercise o.O

Options
Ayirela
Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
I have a 13 y/o dog and a 7 month old pup...I was doing my push ups today when the 7month old boxer (she's about 35 -40 pounds) decides my back looks like a great place to sit! So, I had a laugh and had to put her in another room I have enough of my own body weight to lift, but thanks for the offer for more! LOL ^.^

Anyone else have any pets that want to help with your work outs? :)

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My one year old heeler/lab mix always wants to run when I don't want to... Sometimes... I just have to give in!!!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    One of our terriers used to get excited and bark and think we were playing with him, but he eventually figured out it had nothing to do with him.
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Lol My shih tzu LOVES making out with my face :laugh: if I'm doing any sort of floor exercises, he'll come up and try to lick me lol

If he's feeling frisky, he'll try to hump my leg haha
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hehe. My pup likes to claim the yoga mat as his own.

dozeryoga.jpg
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    We just got our puppy a few weeks ago. I have to put him outside while I workout. He loves to chase my feet and untie my shoes.
    It is very cute, but puppy I am working out here!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    HAHA! Our 6 year old Jack Russel Terrier mix thinks we are trying to rough house with her when we get on the floor to do crunches. And she will lay half her body on your belly. When my partner and I worked out we call "Doggie Interference", and we both break to make sure we are both getting an adequate workout and to give the Sassydog her requested attention.
  • LuvDMB
    LuvDMB Posts: 26
    Options
    I have a 1 yr old pug that likes to chase my feet around when I exercise....she thinks it's a game. I have to just put her in her crate cause I'm worried I'm going to step on her.
  • Ayirela
    Options
    LOL gotta admire their energy ! She is always *always* making you throw toys with her outside she has an obsession with the ball. I go outside to smoke (yes bad habit I have to drop) and voila ball ball ball LOL

When I do Zumba she tries to dance with me and I'm like ahhhh LOL
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I had just come back form a run on Saturday, laid down to do some abs, and my dog decided that was a great time to help remove the sweat from my face..... by licking it! :laugh:
  • ZuzuandIndie
    ZuzuandIndie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There's a really cool program in San Diego called Leash Your Fitness! You train your doggie to help you with the exercise :happy: It looks like a lot of fun!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I really need a puppy. I heard they're good for helping you be more active. What with all the poop scooping and driving around to grooming and vet appointments. I kid :)

But I really wonder if a puppy is a detriment or a plus to helping workouts.
  • shaycat
    Options
    Let's see if I remember how to do this.

Spring2012279.jpg
  • Ayirela
    Options
    Awe what a beautiful puppy you have there! And how funny about the mat!!! I think doggies think hmm you + ground = my personal toy LOL !

I'm glad others have animals who don't want to give you any "me" time for working out. When I do kettlebell I have to make her go to another room I don't want to hit her with it!!
  • Ayirela
    Options
    Awe another cute baby!! How do you guys post pics of your pups on these forums?
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I used to do yoga every morning. My dog, puppy at the time, Scout (papillon) would come in and stretch with me.. Then when he was done he'd walk all around me licking me, or if I was doing something like down dog, he would get under me and decide the my mat was now his bed. I don't do yoga every morning anymore, but when I do it at home, he does the same thing. I love it. Even though I don't stay as focused, it definitely brightens my day.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I was on the floor doing bench presses when my chihuahua came up and started licking my nose. And my borber collie kept nudging my arm and staring. They wanted outside.
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    When I do sit ups both of my dogs try to help. The yellow lab usually tries to sit on my stomach and the black lab likes to sit on the mat underneath me..... they both usually try to kill the exercise ball when I am on the elliptical. My husband thinks that it is hilarious so he tends to let the dogs into the basement while I am working out.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My younger cat is very affectionate when I'm doing yoga/balance poses, ESPECIALLY if I am either upside down or on one leg (rubbing up against my head/standing leg as applicable). If I'm doing cardio or I'm easily balanced, he's not as interested.

I have thoughts as to why he chooses to be "sweet" at this time.
  • shaycat
    Options
    Sorry it is so big. I dont know how to resize. I used photobucket.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have 3 cats. Every time I exercise, that is when they decide to play. My bum is a resting place for the fat one when I am doing push-ups. When I am doing sit-ups, one bats at my hair. Then if I am doing jumping jacks, my ankle bracelet is free game for attack!