EAT THIS, NOT THAT! Great Book By Guys at Men's Health

portalm
portalm Posts: 201 Member
I recenetly came across something which I thought may be beneficial to the community. A book created by the makers of Men's Health called Eat this, Not that, Supermarket Survival Guide. They also have a kids guide and a recipe cook book which I will be picking up on my next visit to the city. However just reading through the book a little bit makes me realize how much we as the people are taken advantage of in the supermarket by the food industry.

We need to, and reserve the right to change the way we eat and live, and if we allow the food industry to control our lives by making us fat by misinformation, then we have lost the battle. All and all, time, is what runs our lives, and the food industry knows that its about whats fast, not whats healthy. Well here is some food for thought, If we spent more time thinking about what we put into our bodies, and more time shopping for the proper foods and buying only the foods which are less processed the food industry itself would have to make changes based off the demand for healthy/Non processed foods.

Hopefully in turn saving our future generations from obesity and keeping our children healthy and active. Lots of things that we dont realize about food and the way it is produced is in this book, and can be quite disturbing. I warn you read at your own risk. But knowledge is power, and without individuals that have a passion to change something, nothing will ever change.

Well, I implore this community that is all about change, for yourself, your children, and future generations, if you truly care about change, Dont just change yourself, change the industry. It needs to be held accountable for its misdeeds. Word of mouth this book, and hopefully people will become more aware of what they buy, eat and put into their bodies. And if all else fails EAT ORGANIC, and hit the food industry where it hurts, its WALLET.

Replies

• jeffsinkw
    jeffsinkw Posts: 16
    Thanks for the info. I'll look for this book, definitely.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    http://eatthis.menshealth.com/home

The website has a lot of the information the book does, plus more.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    If you don't want to buy the book, you can sign up for the email newsletter or if you use Twitter, you can follow them: https://twitter.com/#!/EatThisNotThat

I have REALLY found out so much stuff just by following their Twitter page, that way I can look at what I want to.

Amazingly surprising stuff
  • mkgrayson
    mkgrayson Posts: 17
    Brilliant!

I subscribe and recently purchased : https://shop.menshealth.com/new-releases/grill-this-not-that.html

Highly recommend this.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    I agree. Although I still eat fast food, Idefinitely eat it way less than before. Ever heard of dehydrated oils? Start paying attention to the ingredients cuz most of the things you place in your mouth have them. Fast food restaurants are the worst for that. I'm going to start looking into eating organic as well. I've already switched from regular milk to Vanilla Soymilk.
  • terpsoccer
    terpsoccer Posts: 22 Member
    I have the Cook This Not That Books and the newest one Grill This Not That. These books taught me essential kitchen skills and how to make easy killer meals based on some of the most popular restaurant offerings. I highly recommend any of the books in this series.
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    I have that book as well as their Restaurant one. The restaurant one is a real eye opener. Things you think might be healthy are worse than the burgers and fried foods. Point in case, I went to Applebee's over the weekend. They have a great menu of items under 550 calories and weight watcher approved, however not a single salad was on that list. Most people trying to eat healthy may go to a restaurant and order the salad thinking they are doing good, when in fact, you could have a steak for far less calories. It's criminal, really.
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Bump