New to MFP & looking to meet some encouraging friends

Options
Hi! I am soon to be 30 and I looked at how my weight has crept up on me over the past couple of years. I started MFP a few weeks ago because a good friend recommended it to me. When I started I was 260+lbs and now I am 251lbs. It has been the easiest 9lbs I have ever lost and I want to keep the success going.

Thanks a bunch!!

Replies

• violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! Feel free to add me if you'd like a little encouragement!
  • beckylynn528
    Options
    Great job!

You can add me as well if you'd like. ☺
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss. Please feel free to add me.
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Feel free to add me!
  • melissafiola
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You're off to an amazing start! You can add me as well :)
  • Kaw169
    Kaw169 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    HI, I am new to MFP and started this journey with the inspiration of one of my friends. She has lost so much weight and it is time for a change for me. I did my first workout today in a while and updated my journal. Looking for new friends.. no weight loss yet but hopefully next week we will see some results!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am soon to be 30 and I looked at how my weight has crept up on me over the past couple of years. I started MFP a few weeks ago because a good friend recommended it to me. When I started I was 260+lbs and now I am 251lbs. It has been the easiest 9lbs I have ever lost and I want to keep the success going.

Thanks a bunch!!

Welcome! I started at the end of january at 262lbs. I've spent may and june in a plateau, but now that i've upped my calorie intake i'm hoping to start losing again. MFP has been amazing though, I would never have stuck with it this long on my own.

I would recommend getting a food scale, if you don't already have one, and weighing every little thing. That's what I do and it is really key.
  • Jess05071981
    Jess05071981 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My name is Jessica and I am a 31 year old mom of 2 wonderful boys. I have a great boyfriend who keeps me very motivated. I am 4'11" tall and I currently weight 147 lbs. My goal is 120lbs. So I still have a bit to go. I enjoy any outdoor activity. I have recently become separated and we are working on a divorce and this was very challenging.