Did I miss the memo?

Options
That says I have to wear sweat pants and a t-shirt to the gym?

Why is it so wierd to want to wear jeans and one of my band shirts? I'm comfortable in them. I hate sweat pants out in public, I barely like them for pj pants.

A lot of times after I'm done at the gym I like to run to the store and pick up groceries. I don't want to walk around the grocery store in sweat pants :(

Replies

• irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Have you tried yoga pants? They're better than the sweats to me! I don't know about your gym, but our gym doesn't allow us to wear denim anything on the equipment.
  • Xniecex
    Xniecex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Have you tried yoga pants? They're better than the sweats to me! I don't know about your gym, but our gym doesn't allow us to wear denim anything on the equipment.

^^^^ YES!!!! I dont wear sweat pants. They have cute and comfy workout attire now a days. and they arent all super clingy either. :O)
  • Bullygirl30
    Options
    I have to agree. Yoga pants come in many styles and colors and are very comfy. My gym has a no denim rule either. I love my yoga pants
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Why would they have a no denim rule??
  • lil_bear0811
    Options
    All I keep thinking, are nights I've been out dancing and whooping it up in my jeans, what a pain they are to take off when you're all sweaty, and they become uncomfortable when you get hot. Treat yourself to a cute workout outfit with some adorable yoga pants, and after you've been a while you're not going to care what other people think of you while you're working out. Remember you're there for you, not anyone else.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    That says I have to wear sweat pants and a t-shirt to the gym?

Was there a memo? Why do you think you have to wear sweat pants? Is there some rule posted at your gym about it?

Personally, when I hit the gym, I feel I need to take full advantage of the time. I usually work up enough of a sweat that I need a shower afterward, so jeans would certainly be a no-no for me. Sweat-damp jeans = chafing. Plus I can't move freely enough to work out properly. I wear shorts and a t-shirt.

But if you exercise at an intensity that allows you to just wear your street clothes, go for it. Some gyms do ask you to have a pair of "indoor shoes" so dirt and sand from outside doesn't get in to their expensive equipment and wear it out, but that's usually the extent of it.
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine doing my workout in jeans, uncomfortable wouldn't even describe it lol. Like everyone else said, there are plenty more options than actual sweatpants. I workout every day of the week and do not own a single pair of sweat pants, I'm all about the yoga pants they're soo freaking comfy.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    yoga pants or compression pants for me Jeans would be so super uncomfortable after my pool of sweat started to fall ugh I HATE wet jeans and I never leave the gym dry I`m sopping wet head to toe
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Why is it so wierd to want to wear jeans and one of my band shirts?
    The band shirt is no biggie, but it is weird to see someone working out in jeans. They're hot, they stick to you when you sweat, and they don't allow for much stretching (for me anyway).
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Limited range of motion in jeans, fabric doesn't "breathe" as well, and pockets or belt loops can get snagged on equipment.

If you don't want to go shopping in sweats or workout wear, that's why there's a locker room. Do as I always did in high school and change in the bathroom stall if you feel self-conscious.

Personally, I'm entirely too sweaty and gross after exercising to NOT change either at the gym or as soon as I get home.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, get some yoga pants, or work out shorts (basketball shorts are nice because they aren't too short).
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What about high heels and a corset? The main thing that matters is that you look good in the gym.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    planet fitness wont even let you work out period in jeans. Its just not a good idea...Comfy, yeah, but not really good for physical activity.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If you're fine wearing jeans to the gym, it's because you've never sweat in them before
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Limited range of motion in jeans, fabric doesn't "breathe" as well, and pockets or belt loops can get snagged on equipment.

If you don't want to go shopping in sweats or workout wear, that's why there's a locker room. Do as I always did in high school and change in the bathroom stall if you feel self-conscious.

Personally, I'm entirely too sweaty and gross after exercising to NOT change either at the gym or as soon as I get home.

Exactly this. There are yoga pants, compression pants, all different kinds that don't look "sweat pant sloppy" if that's what you're worried about.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    PS: I go to the grocery store in workout clothes (yoga pants or shorts and a tank top/sweatshirt)

Instead of "eww she doesn't care about her appearance" I imagine people are thinking "she's obviously coming from the gym, but I'm only here for the 2-for-1 sale on Doritos"
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    My gym has a no denim rule as well. I never bothered to ask why because I have been sweaty in jeans before and its not comfortable. I can't imagine anyone wanting to work out in them.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Don't they have change / locker rooms.

I couldn't imagine doing a workout in jeans and I've given up cotton as a workout fabric. I have street clothes and I have workout /running clothes. If you're working out at any kind of intensity you'll be perspiring, possibly perspiring heavily - it's a matter of practicality.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't work out in jeans!!! A lot of gyms do not alot people to workout in jeans because it is not safe, limits mobility, and can not be comfortable!! Many gyms have restrictions on many things, you should feel comfortable in anything :) be confident in who you are and what you want to lose!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Jeans are restrictive.
    Jeans hold onto sweat = swamp *kitten* = eeew!
    Jeans just aren't comfy for the way I workout...I can't even imagine wearing jeans to the gym.
    My gym doesn't allow it though.