CONFUSED HELP!!!

HEFAAY6
HEFAAY6 Posts: 7 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I HEAR ALOT ABOUT EATING YOUR EXERCISE CALS BUT WHEN YOU PUT YOUR EXERCISE IN IT BOOSTS UP YOUR DAILY GOAL MY DAILY INTAKE IS RITE AROUND 1200 GIVE OR TAKE A FEW BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY I STILL HAVE 500 TO 700 CALS LEFT IS THIS PUTTING ME IN DANGER OF THE STARVATION MODE EVEN THOUGH I HIT 1200

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    If you do this on a regular basis over an extended period of time, yes.
    Try experimenting with eating some of them back. We are all different, some eat all, some eat only a portion of them.

I personally plan for these calories and eat more throughout the day on days I know I will be working out. Sometimes I still end up a few hundred calories under, some days a few over and other days right on track.

1,200 calories is the minimum NET calories you should be eating, thus exercise will increase this number.

What do you have your weekly weightloss goal set at and how much do you need to lose?
    Also, your profile photo is a man. What gender are you? 1,200 is low for a man.
  • KatWood
    Ok. Went and checked out your profile. Personally, with your gender and what you want to lose, 1,200 a day even when you do not exercise is still too low.
  • HEFAAY6
    OK WHAT SHOULD I BE AT APPECIATE THE HELP
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    I would experiment.........try 1500 and eat all or half of your exercise calories ..... i would do that for a week or 2 ... if that doesnt work go up on calories .........MFP sets the numbers a lil low ... i think .........GOOD LUCK :wink:
  • HEFAAY6
    THANK YOU I WILL TRY IT GONNA BE HARD TO GET THAT 1500 WILL HAVE TO EAT LIKE A HORSE LOL
  • KatWood
    I'm no expert. I wish some of the other guys like Banks would respond to your post. But I would say you should probably be at least at 1,500-1,750 before the added exercise calories. Especially since you do not have a lot to lose. What do you have your weekly weightloss goal set at? Anything higher than 1 lb may be too aggressive ... in my opinon.
  • HEFAAY6
    I HAVE IT SET AT 2LBS BUT WILL CHANGE TO 1 IF IT WILL HELP ME
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    again i would experiment .... it wont hurt you to see what happens when you up your calories and try to lose a pound a week
  • I HEAR ALOT ABOUT EATING YOUR EXERCISE CALS BUT WHEN YOU PUT YOUR EXERCISE IN IT BOOSTS UP YOUR DAILY GOAL MY DAILY INTAKE IS RITE AROUND 1200 GIVE OR TAKE A FEW BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY I STILL HAVE 500 TO 700 CALS LEFT IS THIS PUTTING ME IN DANGER OF THE STARVATION MODE EVEN THOUGH I HIT 1200

I can't help but wonder why your goal is 1200 since your male?? My understanding is that 1200 is the minimum for a female & the minimum for a male is higher. Hopefully a man will chime in on this.

As to eating exercise calories....EAT UP! I'm on 1200 & eat 50-100% of my exercise calories every day & have beeen consistently losing at least 2lbs per week since June.

Think of 1200 as your net calories (calories eaten less calories burned). If you burn 500 cals working out & only eat 1200 then your net is actually 700 calories & that will eventually put your body in starvation mode. It's like filling up your car with a half tank of gas & trying to drive the same distance you would on a full tank.....it won't happen. The difference with your body is that it can do it but only because it can go into starvation mode & stockpile fuel for later use
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    yup, for guys, unless they are extremely short, the minimum should be around 1800.

going for 2 lbs a week when you have less than 20 to lose is going to be extremely difficult, What you need to do is find your maintenance calories, and drop about 400 off them, that should work for you. you can find your maintenance calories easy enough here:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-metabolism-calculator
  • HEFAAY6
    THANKS EVERYONE LIKE I SAID CONFUSED I JUST HEARD EVERY ONE SAY 1200 SO I THOUGHT HEY WHY NOT NOW I KNOW ITIS A GOOAL FOR FEMALES I WILL MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AND HOPE FOR THE BEST THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL THE INPUT AND HEADING ME IN THE RITE DIRECTION
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    gooooooood luck to you :wink: and your welcome
This discussion has been closed.