Ham, Egg and Cheese Croissant

Options
verapamil
verapamil Posts: 94
So my husband loves BKs ham, egg and cheese croissants and wants to have them at home. Problem is, I can't cook. If I have a recipe it usually turns out good but I can't just whip things out of my brain and have yummy food (unless it's for me and then it's usually just a bunch of crap I like thrown together in 1 bowl that no one else ever would eat). I've gotten the ham and cheese croissant part down (don't need a recipe for that) but I have no idea what kind of egg they use or how they get it to look like that (over easy, scrambled whatever it is). I do know that they probably use some weird, industrial-made egg patty to make it look like that but anything similar would work. Any info on how to make something so seemingly easy but yet impossible for me would be helpful.

Important side note: I am a vegetarian that doesn't eat eggs and have been most of my life. I never learned how to cook things like eggs and just recently (at 29) learned how to make scrambled eggs and he still says they're "not quite right". He is also not on any kind of diet (he eats whatever he wants) so it doesn't have to be low cal or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info!! :happy:

Replies

• verapamil
    verapamil Posts: 94
    Options
    bump-- anybody out there that can help???
  • yelldan22
    yelldan22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into egg beaters or something like that? That may give the look and consistency you're looking for. Otherwise I'm not sure where or how they prepare their eggs. Pretty positive they're frozen in that form.
  • Pl2874
    Pl2874 Posts: 6
    Options
    Try cracking the egg into a mug and put in microwave for about a minute...dont beat the egg when you put into the mug, just crack it in there and see if that looks similar to BK..