Thighs

Options
So, I'm really starting to notice the effects of my workouts and clean eating on my body. My core is getting really strong and I'm seeing a little definition. I've noticed a HUGE difference in my legs as well. My legs are my biggest target area..it's where I store most of my fat. The problem is, I can feel my muscles getting toned but the fat is still lying on top. My question for you guys is...what did you find made the most difference in your legs? Walking? Running? Zumba? I know there is no miracle workout out there and that everyone's bodies are different, I'm just curious as to what really helped you guys :)

Hope you're all working hard! xx

Replies

• Kat_ox
    Kat_ox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem - I store much more fat in my thighs than anywhere else on my body.

I go spinning a lot and that has helped slim and tone my legs.. but if anyone else has any other suggestions, I too would love to hear them!
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Same problem here. Down 19 pounds but my thighs still have this pocket of fat at the top of them that won't go away. Seems like I am losing inches everywhere in my body but there. I think it just takes time. Hopefully.
  • inspirethatdesire
    Options
    Jogging helped my lower legs slim down alot, still waiting for changes in my thighs! I'm doing squats and stuff to try and make mine less wobbly
    I'd love to know more effective ways to burn thigh fat without bulking them up with muscle though :/
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Your body will burn fat where it's easiest to burn from first - for some people it's their belly, some it's their legs, etc. If your thighs are your tough spot, they will probably be the last to change.

My thighs are my problem area too, and even at a maintenance weight they have changed the least out of my whole body.

Just keep up with the muscle building and eventually your body will run out of other places to burn fat from so it will be FORCED to burn it from your thighs.
  • Matthewgd24
    Options
    plyometrics! it builds muscle, you knock out cardio and helps you run faster, jump higher...to do it you should be in pretty good shape but it really works for legs!
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • LesIsMoreXX
    LesIsMoreXX Posts: 169
    Options
    My thighs make me so mad! Even at my thinnest they were always so much bigger than the rest of me.

I find walking and running have helped although my thighs are still (and probably always will be) big. I'm the same. I have insane leg muscles but the fat just sits on top of it all. It just won't go away.

I know this may not apply to everyone but stress has been the main cause of my weight gain. I binge eat when I'm feeling stressed and I've slowly been able to create a calmer environment for myself and I find that that has been the main contribution to my loss. The eating and exercise seems to fall into place quite naturally when my life is in balance in other aspects.
  • byrdamy
    byrdamy Posts: 40
    Options
    I have the same issue, I want my muscles to "pop" like the fitness models, but from what I am told, they carb out for a few weeks before those shoots and competitions, so that you can see that ripped effect. But they go back to a healthier diet when training because you need those carbs to build muscle.

I welcome suggestions too!!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I would really like to know this as well.
    Here is a link i looked up this morning which makes some sense.
    http://www.superskinnyme.com/slim-thighs.html

I can get a really slim top body but my thighs are horrible. Think that is where most my weight is from.
    Sucks!!!
    I've heard running for long time at low-intensity can help... I'm not a runner though but willing to start if that is what it takes.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Interesting article about thighs.... :

"Larger Thighs Mean Longer Lives"

http://suite101.com/article/thigh-size-and-heart-health-a146403