Contusion?

Options
Not to be confused with confusion, I dropped an alternator on my foot yesterday. I thought I may have broken it, Thank god I did not it is just a contusion, However I am unable to run. Should I try and at least walk with it or should I just take it easy until it is completely healed, also how long should I wait before running again and should I build back up to what I was doing or can I start where I left off.

Replies

• Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ice it for a couple more days. Then start massaging out the contusion, this won't be comfortable, but it's the best way to get the bruise to mobilize and heal. I would not suggest you run on it until you can walk without pain, then walk...jog...run.

Stephomie
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    One of the girls I coach had a contusion on her knee, they thought it was a torn meniscus but it was a contusion but the pain was just as bad, I don't know how your pain level is but she took 2 weeks off from playing and then we had her strengthen her muscles around her knee more.... I would say see how you feel but if you have pain while walking then you shouldn't push it, you can come back stronger when your better :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    sorry about getting hurt. I would just walk as much as you can.