Any other veggies here?

Hey everyone! I'm picking back up on my weight loss (fell off the wagon for a few months. Didn't gain any weight, thankfully). I finally got a gym membership and am working out in addition to my dieting. Anyway, I am vegetarian and while I have gotten away from the calorie trap that is pasta and rice, I cannot seem to keep under my carbs. Is this OK? I'm doing 45 min of cardio 3 times a week and walk to my classes during the semester. Should I focus more on protein or is higher carbs expected? I just don't want to make any mistakes. What are other veggies doing diet-wise?

Replies

• mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Depends on what your recommended intake is for the day. If it is only 1200 and you are doing that much exercising you may need to increase your calories.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    I'm vegetarian transitioning to vegan and I eat pasta, rice, pulses nuts and seeds nearly every day....and I rarely go over my carbs. I've changed from white rice and pasta to wholegrain or buckwheat versions. When I do go over carbs its because of too much chocolate or crisps.

Check your BMR and TDEE before you jump in and eat at 1200 calories a day.
  • skottikins
    skottikins Posts: 10 Member
    I'm allowed 2300 daily intake.
  • skottikins
    skottikins Posts: 10 Member
    1200 I think would be too low. BMR is 2100.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Sorry my bad, for some reason I saw 1200 in your opening post. My housemate is on 2400 a day and is veggie for a month (maybe forever), he manages about 90g of protein a day and has an allowance of 250(?)g of carbs a day which he doesn't go over.

Can you open your food diary?