MFP Newbie looking for friend support

Options
I'm in my first week on MFP. My sister, who is also a member (dendurgal) encouraged me to join this site to track my meals and exercise. Since being diagnosed with chronic kidney disease and a thyroid condition a few years back, I have found it very difficult to lose weight. I made some major lifestyle changes recently and hope that MyFitnessPal and support of family and friends will encourage me daily to be more active, watch what I eat, and reach my weight goal. Looking for MFP friends for support and motivation!! Thanks! Pam

Replies

• dendurgal
    dendurgal Posts: 60
    Options
    Pam- you're doing amazing! Finding something that works for you is sometimes difficult but well worth it. MDP is a good fit for you! I wish you the best of luck on your journey in losing weight and getting healthier.

This group is about support and a safe place to vent. The one piece of advice that I can give you is to plan, plan, plan. It's about changing your lifestyle to a healthy one and making the best choices that you can as often as you can. Just take it one day at a time.

Good luck with your goals sis! Patti
  • kaylovluvz
    kaylovluvz Posts: 32
    Options
    Welcome!!! I started the beginning of this month. And have found it very helpful. You will have your ups and downs but I've noticed that is a norm for every one. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • pamlaney
    pamlaney Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words. The tools to track my meals and exercise have been really helpful. I look forward to this journey with all my MFP friends.
  • kaylovluvz
    kaylovluvz Posts: 32
    Options
    You are very welcome!