Did I miss the memo?

Options

Replies

• BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If you're fine wearing jeans to the gym, it's because you've never sweat in them before

This. I don't even like wearing jeans on a long walk outdoors if I'm going to get at all sweaty. :s
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't work out in jeans!!! A lot of gyms do not alot people to workout in jeans because it is not safe, limits mobility, and can not be comfortable!! Many gyms have restrictions on many things, you should feel comfortable in anything :) be confident in who you are and what you want to lose!!

exactly.

who would wear jeans to the gym..... i have never in all my years going to the gym seen somone working out in them!!!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If you're fine wearing jeans to the gym, it's because you've never sweat in them before

Exactly.

OP: What kind of workout are you doing that you can actually do it comfortably in a pair of jeans/
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Yuck, I can't imagine working out in jeans. I love yoga pants and shorts with a tank top. I see people at the grocery store all the time in workout clothes, and don't even think twice about it.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I go to the grocery store often after working out.
    I'm still in my sweaty shorts and tanktop...who says you have to wear jeans to go to the store?
    I guess I missed that memo...
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the time I saw a chick in a strapless dress working out on the elliptical...I thought she was nuts. Edited to fix my typo.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    If you're able to comfortably workout in jeans, you aren't doing it right!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    That says I have to wear sweat pants and a t-shirt to the gym?

Why is it so wierd to want to wear jeans and one of my band shirts? I'm comfortable in them. I hate sweat pants out in public, I barely like them for pj pants.

A lot of times after I'm done at the gym I like to run to the store and pick up groceries. I don't want to walk around the grocery store in sweat pants :(

Don't wear sweat pants or jeans......both are awful options for the gym.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I always where short running shorts and matching tank top with crystal patterns on them.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I wouldn't even wear jeans to workout if you paid me. A lot of good advice has been given.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    one day i'm going to go lifting in a wrap dress. those are comfortable too
  • caiialily
    caiialily Posts: 28
    Options
    Well, if your gym doesn't have a rule against denim, I suppose you could make yourself happy and wear your jeans. My jeans tend to stretch out as the day progresses, especially if I get really warm. And they gap at the back if I don't wear a belt, which I can't imagine working out in. So for me, at least, working out in jeans would allow for some major plumber's crack, even if I could get past the discomfort factor.

But really, I tend to agree with the other posters about the sweat factor. I can't imagine that could be good for the lady-parts. I hate to mention this in (internet) company, but I would think that would lead to repeated yeast infections. That area needs to breathe and I just don't see how denim during Zumba would allow that to happen.

Also, I would think it would be much easier to overheat while wearing jeans, since the sweat isn't going to wick away from your skin and they tend to be made of thick material.

Just my two cents.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Wow, didn't expect such a huge reaction, haha.

I know it's not as comfortable when you sweat in jeans but I feel uncomfortable in any type of clothing except jeans. I'm 23 and only just now starting to branch out and wear dresses, which is HUGE for me.

I guess I do need to find some cute and comfortable yoga pants. I just hate how baggy sweatpants are, it just feels blah to me, lol.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I guess I do need to find some cute and comfortable yoga pants. I just hate how baggy sweatpants are, it just feels blah to me, lol.

You're not going to the gym to look good WHILE you're at the gym. :wink:

I hate frumpy baggy sweats, too, so i don't wear them (unless I have the flu). I'm most comfortable in shorts because I sweat buckets, but I have lots of exercise capris and pants that are slim fitting and flattering.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options

I hate frumpy baggy sweats, too, so i don't wear them (unless I have the flu). I'm most comfortable in shorts because I sweat buckets, but I have lots of exercise capris and pants that are slim fitting and flattering.

I don't want to wear something to make me look good. By the time I'm done with my workout I look like a mess. Sweatpants are just so not comfortable to me. Even when I'm sick or have TOM I still prefer my jeans. I don't know why, haha.

I think it's the tightness. Makes me feel secure....if that makes sense, lol.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

I don't want to wear something to make me look good. By the time I'm done with my workout I look like a mess. Sweatpants are just so not comfortable to me. Even when I'm sick or have TOM I still prefer my jeans. I don't know why, haha.

I think it's the tightness. Makes me feel secure....if that makes sense, lol.

Compression shorts/tights are tight.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    There were a couple of people at my gym that would work out in jeans. It's just weird. They aren't workout clothes. You want to wear something that breathes and sucks sweat away from your body and then dries quickly. I typically wear that wicking stuff. it's the best. You don't feel like you even sweat.
  • freerangehuman
    freerangehuman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Two words: Chub Rub. I don't wear sweats, I wear 100% synthetic fabric. Chaffing=pain!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I don't wear sweat pants either, I wear yoga capris and a t-shirt
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    yoga pants or yoga capris and a tank are the most comfortable in the gym IMO. I wouldn't ever wear jeans... what a gross feeling that would be.
    But if that's what you like, than that's your choice.