Food Diary Help

Options
Does my Food Diary seem like I'm eating the right foods? I haven't been losing much weight for half a month not even a 1 lb. Not sure if it's what I'm eating. I seem to eat to much sugar all the time, and don't eat enough calories because I don't want to go over my sugar intake everyday. Seems like I do anyways though...

Replies

• marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    bananas have a lot of sugar in them, i would say to pick a different fruit. i eat pineapple chunks (canned) and a 100 calorie pack of cinnamon almonds for breakfast every morning. 240 cals all together and i'm never even close to hitting my sugar limit.
    edit- oh and lean meats and veggies are the best. try looking into the paleo diet. its pretty easy and it gives you the nutrients your body needs.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You need fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • Oops25
    Oops25 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My observations from a very quick look:

- You seem to eat too little for breakfast and then eat a lot for dinners..do the reverse..your breakfast should be heavy and nutritious as you prepare to hit the day.. as and when you progress in the day, you can slowly reduce the calorie intake with dinner being the least (if dinner involves fresh vegetables and fruits, go ahead and indulge, vegetables do not add too many calories anyway you can still stick to your goal)

- Artificial sweeteners are not good for us. So stop taking equal, splenda etc. A teaspoon of honey is good for health instead.
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    I can't afford honey or any food right now so I sort of just eat what is at the house. I mostly choose artificial over actual sugar for now. I also don't have any veggies here except tomatoes and carrots... I don't like carrots that much lol. And the only fruit here is bananas for some reason. I live with my grandparents for now as well so it's hard to eat healthy with all the southern cooking as well. I don't have access to buying foods like fish or healthy meats. I only eat sandwiches for lunch mostly which sucks. Well, we use to be on a Ramen noodle budget for a long time so things are better then before at least.
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    I can't afford honey or any food right now so I sort of just eat what is at the house. I mostly choose artificial over actual sugar for now. I also don't have any veggies here except tomatoes and carrots... I don't like carrots that much lol. And the only fruit here is bananas for some reason. I live with my grandparents for now as well so it's hard to eat healthy with all the southern cooking as well. I don't have access to buying foods like fish or healthy meats. I only eat sandwiches for lunch mostly which sucks. Well, we use to be on a Ramen noodle budget for a long time so things are better then before at least.

Not to be rude, but if you're going to make excuses for the suggestions people give you, why bother asking for advice?
  • marieautumn
    Options

try cooking the veggies into your food if possible. carrots have really no taste when you shred them and cook them into things. i do this to my kid ALL the time.
  • Autry403
    Options
    Not saying I wasn't taking there advice plus I just found out what my problem was. It's not my food it's because I need to change my workouts and make it more intense. I don't burn enough calories anymore therefore stalling my weight loss.
  • marieautumn
    Options
    ummmmk.....
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Can't you ask your grandparents to buy healthier foods if they are the ones that buy all the food for your household?
  • stacy27c
    stacy27c Posts: 1
    Options
    i see a dietition every month. how about you try to go see one okay. it will help alot.
  • trich33702
    trich33702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    try cooking the veggies into your food if possible. carrots have really no taste when you shred them and cook them into things. i do this to my kid ALL the time.
    [/quote]

Great tip! I'm going to try this for me and my kids!
  • marieautumn
    Options
    Great tip! I'm going to try this for me and my kids!

you wont even taste them. i've shredded carrots and zuccini and baked them in MUFFINS before and you cant even tell. :smile:
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Not to be rude, but if you're going to make excuses for the suggestions people give you, why bother asking for advice?

I don't think she is making an excuse, if you can't afford it then you can't afford it. Not to mention, saying "not to be rude" before an actually rude comment doesn't justify anything...

Anyways, I've learned that increasing your water intake does help tremendously in weight loss. Try drinking more water, and if you can try drinking 8 glasses a day. have a glass before each meal, It helps make you feel fuller. It could be just water weight that isn't budging. You seem to be doing great with excercising already.
  • marieautumn
    Options

I don't think she is making an excuse, if you can't afford it then you can't afford it. Not to mention, saying "not to be rude" before an actually rude comment doesn't justify anything...

Anyways, I've learned that increasing your water intake does help tremendously in weight loss. Try drinking more water, and if you can try drinking 8 glasses a day. have a glass before each meal, It helps make you feel fuller. It could be just water weight that isn't budging. You seem to be doing great with excercising already.

but why ask for food suggestions if her response is going to be "i can only eat what i'm eating"?
  • Autry403
    Options
    No, I mean I wanted advice to see if I could work on it even if I don't have money.- Doesn't mean I can't try to make it work! Plus I'm trying to drink more water I have hard time drinking more than 4 cups usually. I'm working on eating healthy trust me not so easy for me.
  • NoAdditives
    Options

but why ask for food suggestions if her response is going to be "i can only eat what i'm eating"?

And that was my point. At least someone got it.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    It looks like you might be mis-logging some things or else you have a big range of daily calories. Some days around 500, one was around 3400. Not that there's anything wrong with that necessarily but you might do better with a little bit more of a regular pattern. If you're aiming for around 1600, maybe try to fall between 1100 and 2100 (500 up or down from whatever your goal level is)?