New here!!

Options
I'm new around here. Trying not only to loose weight, but to overall be healthy!! I have motivation problems :wink: If you know what I mean.... :laugh: I feel as if I am learning how to eat all over again. Portion control is KILLING me!! I never paid much attention to it before, guess that's why I am here.

Replies

• aasap
    aasap Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Haha, yeah, I hate portion control. I've found it's really helpful to give your body time to recognize that it's full. So after you've eaten all that you should and you're still hungry, go for a walk, watch an episode of your favorite show, read a few chapters of your book, or even paint your nails or something. Another approach that works for me is drinking a glass of tea after a meal, I don't know why, but this always fills me up, much better than a cup of water does. If none of that works, I chew some sugar free gum and it's like my dessert for only five calories!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me! :)
  • lilangel317
    lilangel317 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Friend request sent.
  • ETAWalker
    ETAWalker Posts: 8
    Options
    Congrats on joining MFP. You will find that the people who participate on this site are very encouraging. Good luck with your journey. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING !!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to add me.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Get yourself a food scale and measuring cups! :)
  • mommy7713
    mommy7713 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello new person! I'm new (as of today) here as well. As far as motivation is concerned the best concept is to VISUALIZE SUCCESS :happy: Go out and purchase a pair of really nice jeans that are a couple sizes too small and take them out once a week and try them on or something. You'll be reminding yourself what exactly it is your striving for, as well as hopefully slowly but surely getting ever closer to wearing them. Success is different for everyone. Your already successful though, you just don't realize it yet. Consider the fact that you have admitted your weight issue and have taken some steps to resolve that issue; that in itself is a lot more successful than drowning your sorrows in a container of Ben and Jerry's right? Best of luck to you as well as everyone else who has started their weightloss journey. Stay strong!:smile:

Respectfully,

"mommy7713"
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it's great to have you! Portions are very hard, you have to really start listening to your body and when you are full STOP! I try to drink a whole glass of water before I start eating and another when I think I have had enough, if in an hour Im still hungry I will eat some raw veggies.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a food scale and measuring cups! :)

This is the best thing I ever did. Really helps out a lot! Especially in the beginning when struggling with portion control.

And . . . WELCOME! Add me if you like. :) This is a good place to be.
  • kaylovluvz
    kaylovluvz Posts: 32
    Options
    Ugh portion control!! I always feel when I portion everything I eat to little. I have had very little encouragement or knowledge over the years when I was living at home. My mother was a cook and my father was well a fine eater. So we grew up not knowing what portioning was actually like. Now what I do is focus on whether or not I feel like I have eaten enough. I try not to let myself become full. It's helped. And I also add more veggies on my plate instead of the super yummy stuff that can get me in trouble. Mind over matter can be a tough thing to work with. Good luck on your journey!