Weekly Challenge

Options
Who is with me? I want to challenge myself to try some new things, work a little harder and push myself a little more this week. I was losing at a steady rate, but things have slowed down and it is time for me to kick it up a notch. Here is what is on the “menu” for this week. I will post what I have done to meet the challenge each day and you can do the same.

Monday – Try a new healthy food

Tuesday – Try a new exercise

Wednesday – Try a new recipe

Thursday – Try to exercise at an increased level (ex set the cross ramp higher on the elliptical, set the level higher on the bike, walk/jog a little faster, a little further and a little longer)

Friday – Make a new friend on My Fitness Pal

Saturday – Buy something new from the local farmer’s market

Sunday – Wear something from my closet that I haven’t worn in a long time because I didn’t like the way it looked on me. (or go shopping and buy a new article of clothing I wouldn’t normally wear)

Let's get our healthy on!!

Replies

• DuchessVB
    DuchessVB Posts: 10
    Options
    Love it!
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Today I tried roasted Edeamame. I had eaten steamed before and thought it was just ok, but today I tried the lightly salted and wasabi roasted and it was awesome! Similar to peanuts, it made a great snack. And from looking at the label it is way less fat then peanuts but more protein. I will be having this more often.

Hint - The wasabi by itself was too spicy for me, but the lightly salted were too plain by themselves, so it took the bag of wasabi and the bag of lightly salted and mixed them together. Then I measured them into ziplocks, each with 1/4 cup serving so I don't eat too many. Now I have handy little snack bags sitting in my cabinet ready to grab and go.
  • ShanaGore
    Options
    So yesterday I tried one of the other elliptical trainers at the gym, I always use the same one, but yesterday I tried the one that goes forwards, backwards to the side. The side movement really worked some different leg muscles, I felt that this morning when I got up!
  • ShanaGore
    Options
    Today for my new recipe, I tried something new for breakfast. This was really not a recipe, but my husband is making dinner tonight, so I will have to try out an actual recipe later this week, but I still wanted to meet the challenge. So I tried the Kashi truly vanilla instant oatmeal with a banana sliced on top of it. I had not tried to kashi oatmeal before, it was pretty good, and we will see if it keeps me full until my morning snack time.