Havent changed any thing and gaining???? HELP!!!

Options
I started Atkins the end of January. In five months I lost 68 pounds. I started in phase one because i needed major surgey and wanted to lose as much as I can as quickly as I can. Had Surgery and even though I could not work out I continued to lose.

I have been eating the same, Exercise the same bacially 30 minutes a day on the wii fit. Except i have added swimming. I have gained a pound a day for the last five days and its drivintg me crazy!!

Now I know people hit plateaus and i expepected it since i have lost so much weight so quickly but gaining really??? What can i do?

Replies

• DANCE53
    DANCE53 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have a simlar problem i have changed up my excerise routine doing slim and six and maybe you may try walking little longer
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    This may be a silly answer but since you have lost so much weight have you lowered your calories? As you won't need to eat as many now?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Water...
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    When muscles are repairing themselves, they retain water which would cause weight gain.

I also gain half a pound just by showering! If you're weighing right after swimming, your skin has absorbed a fair amount of water.
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Mondesa, how often are you weighing? I thought for sure I should have lost like 3 pounds the other day. When I did, it was only 1.5. The next day I weighed just to see, and I had lost 3 more!!! I think sometimes it is just wacky. I would wait and see if it continues.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    When muscles are repairing themselves, they retain water which would cause weight gain.

I also gain half a pound just by showering! If you're weighing right after swimming, your skin has absorbed a fair amount of water.

Wet hair has weight. Many people forget that clothing has weight also.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You haven't changed anything. There's your problem.

68lbs lost means there's significantly less of you. You need to recalculate your daily calorie allowance to account for that. It should come down.

My guess is that your caloric needs got lower and lower as you got smaller and now you are actually eating right around, or even a little over your TDEE.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

exactly...I can fluctuate up and down 3-4 lbs because of the exercising I do and the amount of water i retain for muscle repair - not to mention the amount of water i drink...I can easily loose 5 lbs in about 3 days by simply not working out and decreasing my water intake - as my body flushes everything out - but since I drink lots of water and exercise at least every other day seeing real weight come off is slow for me...
  • mondesa
    mondesa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    OK let me clarify. I have always eaten under my calorie goal. It was like 1700 when i started. Some days I have a hard time hitting my current goal of 1200. I suppliment protein powder and shakes to get there. When i was eating less everyone i talked to said less that 100o is just not healthy When i say i havent changed anything i mean I have not moved on the phase 2 of atkins. No Nuts no berriers no carbs.

I am obsessed with my scale some would say, i weight myself every morning

I drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day not including the 1-2 crystal lights i drink a day
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    First, a few days probably isn't enough time to judge what's going on right now. If this continues or weight loss stops completely, in my opinion, it's time to up the cals. Move to Phase 2. I don't know if your diary is open to anyone but friends but if it's not...she doesn't eat too much and definitely shouldn't lower her intake.

I don't even feel comfortable suggesting you change your workout routine. If moving to Phase 2 causes too much concern of weight gain then you could try altering your exercise routine to see if you get the results you want. *IF* this is caused by eating too little throwing more difficult workouts in the mix isn't going to help.

Even if you don't care to use the method I highly recommend joining the group Eat More to Weigh Less. Read through the stickies. Wonderful information and fantastic support if you have questions. No matter what, I'm cheering for you. :heart:
  • mondesa
    mondesa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Artichoke....Thank you!!!! I have been told a few times laltely that I am not eating enough and I have the hardest time eating more. 1 because i am not hungry and 2 beacuase I NEVER want to see 300 pounds again!

I am going to try phase two. I just keep hearing horror stories in my head that you gain all the weight back. I am terrified

I want to mix in some strenth training but i know thats probably not wise with my calorie intake. I am going to look for that group now (IF I can figure out how to do it.) Thanks for the support I maybe inundating you with questions soon
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm always here!