Any vegetarian’s or vegan's on here ???

Options
Hello everyone. I am vegetarian that eats milk, eggs and cheese and gain weight when I was pregnant with my 5th child. I had him on Oct, 28 2009 . I’m not wasting any time trying to lost the weight. I am vegetarian trying to go vegan (again) when I went from vegetarian to vegan in 2007 I lost weight fast with out even trying I was exercising also. Are there any vegetarian or vegan on here??? or anyone who wants or thinking to become one???

Just wanted to know and add people as friends, share recipe’s, information and message for support.

Replies

• Heph
    Heph Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm not vegan, i'm vegetarian though...did you have a question or just, like, polling?
  • divadiva83
    Options
    Just wanted to know and add people as friends, share recipe’s, information and message for support. :smile:
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I'm a lactose intolerant flexitarian ( I eat meat on occasion, maybe 1-2 per week) - so I'd love to buddy up and swap recipes and such! :flowerforyou:
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    I have been interested in becoming a vegetarian. The only meats I normally eat are chicken or turkey breast but lately I have felt discusted a lot at the thought of eating meat. I just no longer enjoy eating meat much. I am not sure why. This happened to me for a few months when I was pregnant but I am not pregnant now. What types of foods do you eat to replace the meats? I have tried humus at a restuarant and liked it.
  • roobot5000
    Options
    I have been interested in becoming a vegetarian. The only meats I normally eat are chicken or turkey breast but lately I have felt discusted a lot at the thought of eating meat. I just no longer enjoy eating meat much. I am not sure why. This happened to me for a few months when I was pregnant but I am not pregnant now. What types of foods do you eat to replace the meats? I have tried humus at a restuarant and liked it.

my fiancee is a vegetarian and her source of protein comes from beans, tofu, seitan and other legumes. there are a lot of recipes out there that even meat eaters like myself really enjoy.

good luck.
  • divadiva83
    Options
    Thank for the replies. I'm going to add you all as buddies.:bigsmile:
  • kermiefan
    Options
    I'm vegetarian-but not for weight loss reasons.

I gained weight because I was so carb-heavy in my diet.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian- in terms of meats I only eat fish/seafood, but I also eat eggs, milk, cheese, honey etc.
    Welcome. :smile:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    sorry about double post.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    pescatarian- I never knew there was a word for that! :smile:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian- in terms of meats I only eat fish/seafood, but I also eat eggs, milk, cheese, honey etc.
    Welcome. :smile:

I'm also a pescatarian. I rarely eat seafood.....once or twice a month at most. I would love to have a veggie board to exchange recipes and motivate each other!
  • nehptune
    nehptune Posts: 138
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian (lacto-ovo)
    managed to keep it up for the last 18 years, so now the thought of eating meat just seems strange to me!

i'd love to swap recipes, i am in the middle of an obsession with QUINOA
    great stuff!
  • nmh29
    nmh29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan. I go to whole foods and basically you can find any supplement there. Also, reading the book Skinny ***** really helps you get on track.
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm almost a vegan. The only holdouts are cheese, and cream in my coffee.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm a former vegetarian. I now eat chicken and turkey, and occasionally fish (and chips). I haven't eaten beef or pork (or any other mammal) in years. My goal at one time was to become vegan, but it was too hard for me, so I continued with the dairy and eggs, then added in poultry.
  • ashleigh24
    Options
    Hey I am new on here, I am also a vegetarian. If you know of any good lower fat/ low carb meals let me know! I am still working on cooking healthy meals for myself since i am still in school, time is sometimes an issue!!