Work Out Music

Options
I for one, really believe that music helps me work out better! Anyone else agree?

What sort of music helps your work out?

I need something fast paced, and trance-y! Any dance music really gets me going! ;-)

Replies

• zela
    zela Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was born in europe and it must be in my blood but a few good techno pandora stations usually power me through. I also don't mind some rap to get me mad or rock to make me rage for a few heavy sets.
  • romanticizing
    romanticizing Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is a European thing to listen to dance, hehe :)
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Dance, metal and rock :)
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hard Rock and Heavy Metal for those really hardcore heavy weight workout...nice and loud!
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've seen many research reports supporting using music while working out. The last one I saw said something like those who were listening to music while working out had a 10% reduction in perceived difficulty. That's a pretty sizable boost.

I tend to listen to rap or dance while working out.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Metal all the way.

5FDP, Volbeat, Atreyu... gets the adrenaline moving!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I listen to Latin or Hip hop when I work out.
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Rammstein. Nothing like industrial metal sung by angry Germans to get you moving!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Pink is one of my favorites while working out. Otherwise, anything fast and with a good beat. I tend to match my exercising with the beat for some reason. Ex. slower beat, I move slower.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Breaking Benjamin
    Theory of a Deadman
    Pop Evil
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love hip-hop/top 40 for working out. I like having a good beat...makes me push harder.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I like to change it up:

Lots of Foo Fighters
    ACDC
    Breaking Benjamin
    Seether
  • s3ver1na
    s3ver1na Posts: 1
    Options
    I like to change it up but mostly punk, then they might be giants, then electronic.. drum & bass..
  • NZGeekGirl
    NZGeekGirl Posts: 87
    Options
    For me it's anything that makes me want to get up and dance. As others have said, the higher the beat the harder I work so there is nothing particularly slow on my play list. I also update it regularly to songs I'm currently really into.

Currently on my play list I've got Maroon 5, Lady Gaga, LMFAO and similar. You get the idea.
  • 35again
    35again Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I too like trance style music, I stream www.di.fm on my phone while I walk usually.
  • rsboyd
    rsboyd Posts: 12
    Options
    someone asked this once before. If I really want to get "transcendental" I plug in Talking Heads Live "Stop Making Sense". Mostly upbeat stuff non-stop
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    looks down at my ticker
  • tehdux0r
    tehdux0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a dance music mood to run to, I usually go with the soundtracks from the anime series Initial D. It's all eurobeat, fast-paced, and a lot of fun.
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Armin van Buuren's A State of Trance compilations, Gareth Emery's Sound of Garuda or either of Rhe Freemasons Shakedown Albums. On rare occasions Tiesto's In Search of Sunrise Chapter 5.
  • Mazza4011
    Mazza4011 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Rammstein. Nothing like industrial metal sung by angry Germans to get you moving!

Amen to that