Doing it for her!

Options
Hi there,

I have spent a majority of my life searching for a woman I was in love with since first laying eyes upon her. She was my best friend's sister when we were growing up. I never had the nerve to say anything to her, let alone ask her out. Last time I saw her was almost 20 years ago, after she had given birth to her first child. After that, I left our home state, and never looked back.

A few years passed, and I was now living my own life. But my thoughts always returned to her. After awhile, I decided that I wanted to find her and just tell her everything I held back as a kid. This was before the Internet was really mainstream. So I relied on family members and old friends to try and track her down for me. This had little success, but I never gave up.

2001 I had gotten my first PC, and the search was on. I searched and searched for years, with barely any info coming up. I found spotty records on her brother, my old best friend, but nothing concrete. Still, I kept vigilant in my search. A few months ago I signed up for Facebook. It never really dawned on me to look there. Then about a month ago it hit me, look for her on there dummy!

Success! I was leaning back in my chair just browsing profiles when I saw her face! I literally dropped the chair backwards upon myself and hit my head! 20 years is a long, long time to be looking for someone you've loved since you were kids. We got to talking, and it was great to hear from her!

Now, we're talking about building a life together! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever find her, let alone be on the verge of starting what is sure to be a life long love and partnership! Which is why I am on this website. I want to get back into shape and lose a lot of weight, so that I can keep up with her, and her awesome kids! So far, with the help of this website, I am doing pretty well.

Well, that's me in a nutshell, see you in the forums!

Replies

• WhiskeyCity
    WhiskeyCity Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    What a great story. Talk about motivation!! You are definately on your way. Good luck, brother!
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Love It!!!! Good Luck!
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaw :)
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    That's sweet! :heart: And I don't mean to sound negative, but please make sure you're doing it for yourself also...
  • tleclair247
    Options
    Right now I'm not strong enough to do it for myself, she is my sole motivation. Eventually though, I will do it for myself.
  • mommacuca
    mommacuca Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    awww soooooooo cute!!!!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Awwww! Definitely do this for yourself, so you can have a long full life with her. :heart:
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a wonderful story:-)
  • tleclair247
    Options
    Awwww! Definitely do this for yourself, so you can have a long full life with her. :heart:

Oh I will, trust me. 20 years is a long time to wait... just right now she's my entire world. I've been in love with her since I was 14. I still remember exactly what she was wearing and where she was standing when I first saw her. 100% doing it for her at the moment though.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    such a great love story :) Good luck and best wishes!
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So romantic. Best of luck to you in your new life together.
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    awww, i love this love story...*swoons*
  • tleclair247
    Options
    Thank you all for the nice comments. I'm sure she'll be floored when she logs in to read this!
  • agerena007
    agerena007 Posts: 51
    Options
    Wow, what a beautiul story. You are one of the lucky ones that with perserverance you finally got your happy ending. I wish you the best and life long happiness with your child hood crush. :flowerforyou:
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck with your weight loss AND your new/old love! :)
  • Inojbird
    Inojbird Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes, I agree with some of the other posts. You should definetly do it for yourself. Granted she is your whole life, however you should remember its not just her your adding. You said she has kids. You will want to keep up with them as well.

Glad you found your soulmate and I hope all goes well for you, her and her kids.
  • oreyna
    oreyna Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good for you...persistance pays off. Welcome to MFP...it's a wonderful site with many helpful people to support you along the way. Feel free to add me if you would like. Good Luck on your journey.
  • tleclair247
    Options
    You said she has kids. You will want to keep up with them as well.
    Uhh yes, I did state that. I'm not in it just for her. Very droll post ma'am, but thank you none the less.
  • mishimouse101
    mishimouse101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great story. Best wishes with your journey!