Cigars anyone?

Options
jdruiz89
jdruiz89 Posts: 42 Member
I know this is a health forum/site but we all have our quirks still. Any one have any good types to taste and try? I had my first Romeo by Romeo Y Julieta and it was just meh. I also have Romeo Y Juilieta 1875 Reserve. Any idea on good stuff? I have tried several of the CAO Flavours as well and those are quite enjoyable.

Replies

• donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    One of my friends boyfriends likes a Cohiba..... If that's any use to u? :smokin:
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    I only ever smoke cigars when I'm super drunk. I don't really drink anymore though. Plus, I was usually too drunk to care what kind of cigar I had!!! lol
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    There's a Saturday morning radio show on Sirius radio that is 100% about cigars. Check their listings and perhaps you can find a link to get more information.

Hold Tight - I'll see if I can find it for you.
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro is a nice smoke, i prefer Montecristo, white label...good stuff right there. I recently tried Nub brand, their maduro and habano are nice and spicy with great flavor.

also, anything cuban ;)
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Here ya go:

http://www.cigardave.com/

I can't stand cigars, cigarettes or any smoke for that matter. However, I don't mind if others do. That's their choice.
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i used to listen to that on talk radio, he has some great info and gives some outstanding recommendations, good call
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I enjoy CAO's and Macanudo's
  • jdruiz89
    Options
    Well thanks for the input. Cohiba has been on the list to try and the Montecristo will be added.
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like Cohibas and Avo's myself. Had the tremendous honor of meeting Avo Uvezian himself! The Avo Maestoso is a nice flavorful smoke, not too mild, not too robust. The Davidoff Special-R was also a good balance between robust and flavor.

If you like milder smokes, I would recommend Olivas or Nubs.

Remember, there's no calories in smoke!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    La Gloria Cubana, Series R. Number 6 or 7.

I prefer a Maduro.

Tip for keeping you cigars fresh.
    --I don't keep my cigars in my humidor any more. I keep them in a gallon ziploc with pipe tobacco and a couple vanilla beans. Keeps them fresher, longer.

If you're ever in Portland, Oregon, look me up. Got a group that meets at my place the first Tuesday of each month for Cigars. Been meeting for decades.
  • fmf525
    fmf525 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    RoadDog - interesting about the ziplock storage. Two questions: Doesn't the pipe tobacco flavor influence the flavor of your cigars? How do you regulate the humidity/how often are you changing out the tobacco and beans?

As for a good cigar - I've been hooked on Kristoff for about 6 months now. They are a nice even smoke and very tasty.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid cigar smoker... complete with my own humidor. Here's my top 5 (I tend to like mild to medium bodied cigars):

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1990
    Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon
    La Gloria Series N
    Toss up between Rocky Patel Edge and Rocky Patel Decade

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of RP... his focus on quality in his products at that price is amazing. I enjoy his $8-$10 cigars more than I've enjoyed a lot of $25 cigars.
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    As you can tell, I'm a big fan of RP... his focus on quality in his products at that price is amazing. I enjoy his $8-$10 cigars more than I've enjoyed a lot of $25 cigars.

Price is the one factor that's pretty important that few people tend to talk about for fear of appearing cheap, but you're right. Sometimes an $8 smoke can blow away a more expensive one.

Just gotta know what qualities you like and then find which cigar has them.

I'm now curious to try some RP's ;)
  • jdruiz89
    Options
    The RoadDog I am interested as well in the ziploc storage. I don't have a humidor and usually just buy when I am going to enjoy a stogie. Any tips or ideas about this stuff?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Stay away from cigarbid.com
    You'll be broke in days