Rock Bottom - need to put myself first

Options
LKM5555
LKM5555 Posts: 5 Member
I am 5'5" and never really had a weight problem. I've been blessed with decent genes and for that I am thankful. I've weighed between 118-123 all my adult life.

But now at 40+ and the working mom of 2 teenagers I find myself at rock bottom.

I've put on 20+ lbs in 12 months. I'm now 139. I feel so embarassed and overwhelmed by my new weigh. I cannot wear most of what is in my closet. I cannot afford all new clothes nor do I was to give in that this is the new me. I'm easily tired and so out of shape. The weigh affects my self confidence and therefore my relationship with my husband, my children, and my friends.

I've mainly been eating my stress and feelings. Food has been a comfort as I feel over taxed and under appreciated. I desperately need to start putting myself first and finding new ways to deal with stress.

I joined the MFP site a week ago and did not plan to post at all. However, today I find myself slipping after a good first 6 days of eating and exercise so I am going to post in hopes that contacts out here can help keep me on track.

Replies

• beckyschanging
    beckyschanging Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So you are discouraged today but tomorrow you get up and you get it done! We can all do this, but It is frustrating. Teenagers can suck it out of you even if you can't see it through their choices or talk, you still feel it inside. They are your kids and they are getting older and leaving you soon (?) and becoming their own people. If you still have daylight and nice weather, take a walk this evening and engage in lots of positive self talk.
  • Determined_21
    Determined_21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Eye on the prize!...also new(a little over a wk)...I have my own "weight" struggles but can also give words of encouragement. Feel free to add me =)
  • NickiMowrey
    NickiMowrey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I don't have the will power to fight off the urges to eat all the wrong things a lot of the time, BUT I find that when I DO push through the depression & the want for the wrong foods, the outcome is ALWAYS rewarding. :0) Keep in mind though, especially if you've had 6 days of GOOD eating, that we ALL need a "cheat" time every now & then. You still have to be realistic to your lifestyle & the people in it while you're dieting, I truly believe that. I've been doing this for about 4 months & have lost 24 pounds. There's been some hard times along the way but I promise, if you can just distract your thoughts & your hungry belly, you will reap the rewards. BUT, if it's time for a cheat day, take it!! Be true to yourself!

You CAN do this!! :0) Good luck!
  • LKM5555
    LKM5555 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Beginning day 8 today...Only down 2.6 lbs since last week but have exercised everyday and logged all food. :D
  • theknittingteacher
    Options
    2.6 lbs is a great loss for a week! Pat yourself on the back and keep going...you can do it!