27 lbs down and 10 more to go :)

Options
Just wanted to show my progress so far :) If you would like to add me as a friend please do!!! I love to inspire and be inspired!

I am 5'8 25 years old :)
My starting weight was 176 lbs
Current weight is 149 lbs
Goal weight is around 138 lbs

I would like to tone up a lot more as well!!!

this is obviously backwards lol but you can see a transformation from March when I started, to end of May when the last photo was taken :) (apparently my photo is too big, so it isnt showing my beginning photo... sooo this was april and may...)
PhotoGrid_1337739380800.jpg

this is disgusting, but funny. You can see the change in my face...
fatty.jpg
545285_10151851115245153_1396985436_n.jpg

and this is what I hope will be my before photo followed by an awesome toned up photo in the future :)
599610_10151803686500153_273431534_n.jpg

Replies

• WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    Good job! You look great.
  • RunsForFood
    RunsForFood Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You're looking SO great girl! Keep it up, very inspiring!!
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    thank you ladies!!! I have two boys, 5 and 20 months, so I am afraid my hips will never go back to how they were pre baby, but if i can lose the weight and look good, anyone can!!!
  • monasul
    monasul Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    can i ask what you did to lose the weight? you look great!! you motivated me to keep going! :smile:
  • Pilcrow_
    Pilcrow_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Incredible, you look fantastic! x
  • Bettymeneghin
    Options
    Great Job.. It's nice to see what I may look like in six months if I keep up the work. I too am 5'8" so your photos are a great inspiration to me.
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    can i ask what you did to lose the weight? you look great!! you motivated me to keep going! :smile:

thank you!!! I dont think people understand how motivated I get to continue on when i hear i have motivated others!!! I changed a few things... My diet was not terrible before, it was my portions that were out of control. I could out eat a football player! and i would eat one or two large meals a day!!! Now I try to eat smaller portions 4-5 times daily... Most of my meals involve some sort of lean protein (chicken, fish, turkey at 4 oz a serving) and a veggie :) I drink soooo much water! that was one of my big issues before, i lived off iced tea. now i drink probably about 2-3 gallons of water a day :) and I cut my alcohol intake wayyy down. I got comfortable with having a few cocktails almost nightly when the kids went to bed... I try to get to the gym, or the park to run daily... I just started looking at everything in a different perspective. I choose to involve my kids in my workouts, take the jogging stroller when i go running, or pull out the yoga mat and do crunches and some at home workouts and have my boys copy me :) I don't try to do the fad diets, or deprive myself of things I enjoy.... Instead, i have chose to make this a lifestyle change... I eat healthy because i feel better. And when i do crave some alfredo, or something sweet, i indulge, i just do it within reason... A cup of pasta rather than a big bowl... I hope some of this helps!!! :)
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    Great Job.. It's nice to see what I may look like in six months if I keep up the work. I too am 5'8" so your photos are a great inspiration to me.

I really have not done anything insane! no crazy workouts, other than the warrior dash i did a couple months ago. Its all in the diet ladies!!! and you can do it!!!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm also 5'8'' and currently 180lbs. Aiming for around 147lbs but 140lb would be even better! Like you I've really looked at my portion size. I rarely eat fast food (can't remember the last time) or have fizzy drinks etc but I do like my homecooked healthy food in big portions! I'm also trying to get as much exercise as possible (currently doing the C25K running programme along with strength training and hiking).
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm also 5'8'' and currently 180lbs. Aiming for around 147lbs but 140lb would be even better! Like you I've really looked at my portion size. I rarely eat fast food (can't remember the last time) or have fizzy drinks etc but I do like my homecooked healthy food in big portions! I'm also trying to get as much exercise as possible (currently doing the C25K running programme along with strength training and hiking).

You are awesome!!! I would love to keep each other motivated! strength training is great because your body continues to burn calories after your workout :) I have done sooo much research and really educated myself on fitness and nutrition! I am a stay at home mom so what else do i have to do? lol Thank you for commenting!
  • SRH7
    Options
    Oh, and great tattoo!
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    Oh, and great tattoo!

thank you!!! if i can ever afford it i want to finish my sleeve!!! haha this work of art was put on hold when I got pregnant with my youngest, and he will be 2 in september!!! I am getting married on the beach in September, and my goal was to get my sleeve finished and have my boob job.... along with toning my arms up (who wants fat arms in a strapless wedding dresss?!?!?!) hahaha and since i cant afford the other two, ive been working on my arms a lot!
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    40954677831872720_86BmAFir_f.jpg
    true story!
  • monasul
    monasul Posts: 39 Member
    Options

thank you!!! I dont think people understand how motivated I get to continue on when i hear i have motivated others!!! I changed a few things... My diet was not terrible before, it was my portions that were out of control. I could out eat a football player! and i would eat one or two large meals a day!!! Now I try to eat smaller portions 4-5 times daily... Most of my meals involve some sort of lean protein (chicken, fish, turkey at 4 oz a serving) and a veggie :) I drink soooo much water! that was one of my big issues before, i lived off iced tea. now i drink probably about 2-3 gallons of water a day :) and I cut my alcohol intake wayyy down. I got comfortable with having a few cocktails almost nightly when the kids went to bed... I try to get to the gym, or the park to run daily... I just started looking at everything in a different perspective. I choose to involve my kids in my workouts, take the jogging stroller when i go running, or pull out the yoga mat and do crunches and some at home workouts and have my boys copy me :) I don't try to do the fad diets, or deprive myself of things I enjoy.... Instead, i have chose to make this a lifestyle change... I eat healthy because i feel better. And when i do crave some alfredo, or something sweet, i indulge, i just do it within reason... A cup of pasta rather than a big bowl... I hope some of this helps!!! :)

woow thankyou for all this information! it helped so much! i am new to the weight loss thing so i just needed some advise from people like you! thankyou for taking the time to write all this! i just started the 30 day shred and i hope to lose inches! :)
  • SRH7
    Options
    Oh, and great tattoo!

thank you!!! if i can ever afford it i want to finish my sleeve!!! haha this work of art was put on hold when I got pregnant with my youngest, and he will be 2 in september!!! I am getting married on the beach in September, and my goal was to get my sleeve finished and have my boob job.... along with toning my arms up (who wants fat arms in a strapless wedding dresss?!?!?!) hahaha and since i cant afford the other two, ive been working on my arms a lot!

I've got a smallish one on my foot and I'm saving up to add to it. Was too impatient to wait until I had the money for all of it in one go!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    You look Incredible.....love how you broke down about changing your lifestyle and the eating....Makes a huge difference...I'm Inspired Totally!
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    You look Incredible.....love how you broke down about changing your lifestyle and the eating....Makes a huge difference...I'm Inspired Totally!

Thank you so much!!!! It really is all in diet!!! working out is extremely beneficial, and essential, but if you eat junk you can't expect to be healthy!!! lifestyle change indeed :)
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    you look great - bonus - you look great as a brunette and your sunglasses are extra cute!
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will be my inspiration. I have three children (C-Sections), 18, 15 and 9 month old. I have never been overweight and now at 37 I am. Freaks me out. I noticed my problem was that I only ate 1, 2 meals a day and they were huge. I never was one to eat a lot of junk. I am a meat fanatic. My main problem was coca cola. I have decided to put it down. I haven't had a coke in 7-8 day's and I have already dropped 3 lbs. Just water water water and more water. I don't have a gym membership so I am going to figure out other ways to lose weight. The dvd's work a little bit but I feel like a fool jumping around in my house. I swim at least once a week so I think I am just going to start going to the pool more. My 20 year class reunion is in September.. and I am motivated! Thank You... for your story and pictures..
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    excellent job! I am very similar to all your stats and this was just the inspiration I needed too!!

You look great
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!