Having trouble with sweets again

Options
Ok, so I am trying to slowly get back on track now that my divorce is final and I can focus on me again. But I am having the same problem of before to stop eating sweets! I swear each day I work I feel like I eat a candy bar. I have tried bringing baby carrots and apple slices and I still turn to the sweets. Do you have any other great ideas to help me kick the habit? Thanks! :grumble:

Replies

• kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mini candy bars instead?
  • LauraMyny
    LauraMyny Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just had an emergency craving and drove to the store to buy a candy bar!
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Eat just one normal size candy bar and exercise off the calories on the same day? Works for me.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    A few squares of dark chocolate? A bar of this can last me a week but a bar of milk chocolate is lucky to last 10 minutes!
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but usually only after dinner.

Maybe chew gum? Or brush your teeth? Or add a Crystal Light to your water?
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth, but I went cold turkey and gave up sweets for a few weeks recently. I've since started eating them again, but now I find that my cravings aren't nearly as strong, and I don't need to eat sweets every day. Maybe take a short break from them altogether, and see if it helps?
  • tubbs_nomore
    Options
    Hello,
    I know its not chocolate, but a trick I've found is to buy those little snack size boxes (like the size you give out at Halloween) of Nerds candy. Each little 15g box is only 50 calories, and I eat a box over the course of an evening.....one Nerd at a time. Believe me, they last forever, they keep your mouth busy, and its enough to stop me from grabbing something much higher in calories. They come in all kinds of flavors, so you wont get bored! So, go on....be a Nerd! LOL
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding. 70 cals and so yummy. It's chocolate but not so bad. Also Kellog's Fiber Plus bars are 120 cals and taste just like a candy bar but with 4g of fiber. Good luck!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    wean yourself down to dark chocolate. Then, cut it out altogether. It might be beneficial to go cold turkey and cut out all processed sugars and cut back on fruit. It will be tough for a week or two, but your cravings should go away.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth, but I went cold turkey and gave up sweets for a few weeks recently. I've since started eating them again, but now I find that my cravings aren't nearly as strong, and I don't need to eat sweets every day. Maybe take a short break from them altogether, and see if it helps?
    This! I absolutely have to NOT have it or I have way too much. I gave it up for 6 weeks after my last baby and it has really helped the cravings. that and increased protein. I should probably do a sugar break again since I've been eating a bit too much of it again lately! It's SO hard.