Alcohol

Options
wgn4166
wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
I used to drink wine until I found out how many calories it had. I have switched to vodka. I few drinks a week. does anyone know of something else that has less calories?
Wanda

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The calories are from the alcohol content. You can't really do anything to lower it without lowering the alcohol. If you just like to sip on something, one shot of vodka in a glass of Diet Coke will last you longer than the shot by itself.
  • monylove24
    monylove24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Skinny Girl now how some wines for 100 calories a serving. I tried the red which was good, but I prefer more sweet so I'm hopefull (and I have requested it already) for some Skinny Girl Moscato. They are a little pricier though.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I drink what tastes good and deal with the calories. I'd rather savor a really good beer than just be drinking a vodka soda just to have some booze in my hand.

Drink what you like to drink, work out hard, and enjoy it. I have a glass of red wine a few nights a week and then some beers on the weekends. Now, if your plan is to get drunk, then it might be a good plan to watch the calories and switch to something lighter. The SkinnyGirl line of cocktails is pretty good.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I drink what tastes good and deal with the calories. I'd rather savor a really good beer than just be drinking a vodka soda just to have some booze in my hand.

Drink what you like to drink, work out hard, and enjoy it. I have a glass of red wine a few nights a week and then some beers on the weekends. Now, if your plan is to get drunk, then it might be a good plan to watch the calories and switch to something lighter. The SkinnyGirl line of cocktails is pretty good.

This! I have been trying to switch to light beer and wine, but if you plan your meals and workouts knowing you will be having a drink, I think that's ideal.
  • Lisheeloo
    Lisheeloo Posts: 19
    Options
    The calories are from the alcohol content. You can't really do anything to lower it without lowering the alcohol. If you just like to sip on something, one shot of vodka in a glass of Diet Coke will last you longer than the shot by itself.

^ I second this :) - If on a night out though, I tend to have vodka and slimline tonic because I can taste the vodka more than I can with it in diet coke, and I end up drinking it slower rather than going through lots of drink! :laugh: I really miss wine though (not the wine head the next day though haha)
  • Carolinagirlrml
    Carolinagirlrml Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I limit my alcohol to a few on the weekend but like Bacardi Rum with water and crystal light packets
  • tonyote40
    tonyote40 Posts: 30
    Options
    I limit my alcohol to a few on the weekend but like Bacardi Rum with water and crystal light packets

Second that!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Water and unsweetened green tea.
    And if you feel like you just can't put down the booze, drink whatever, but stay within your daily goal or have a "free day".
    In life a person can have just about anything he or she wants.
    But we can't ever have everything we want.
    Sometimes we must choose what's more important.
    Good Luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • ataliebalentine
    Options
    Michelob Ultra now makes a Light Cider that's delicious at 120 calories. Beck's Light at 63 calories and Yuengling Light at 99 calories are great light beers. Vodka or gin with diet tonic works. Go for a diet mixer since the calories are in the booze.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind. The higher the proof of hard liquor, the higher the calories. Most beers range from 100 cal. To around 200 calories.