Mommy of 1 Looking for Extra Support!

Options
:flowerforyou:

Hey All!!!! I'm fairly new to this site (Which is AMAZING!). I'm finding that this site is my rock right now with my busy busy schedule and I'm looking for other Mommy friends who feel the same way! I'm 25 years old and I have an AMAZING 2 1/2 year old little boy. Aside from doing this for myself, he is my main inspiration!!! Do you have a child (or children) that is your inspiration? Tell me about you!

Replies

• 2princes
    2princes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Momma!

I am also 25 and I have two little boys (3 & 1)! I am finding it so hard to get to where I want to be! I totally feel your pain! My main inspriation is that I am getting married in Mexico. I want to look great and feel great. I have just started running at night time - finally got up to 20 mins of jogging without a break which is pretty amazing to me! I'd like to lose 20lbs - i've lost 10 so far..:)
  • squires03071986
    squires03071986 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a 3 year old, and I am new to this site. It is really helping me so far :-)
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of two (5 and 21 months). Feel free to add me! I'm really good about logging my food and exercise.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Hi there!

I have a little boy who will be 3 in 2 months!

He is definitely my biggest inspiration, in that I know it's hard to take a few hours a week away from the precious time we have together, but if it means I'll have 10 extra years in the end because I'm healthier, then it's a huge win for us.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    Hi! I am also a mom of 1. a single mom of a 10 year old daughter. feel free to add me. another moms are welcome also
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not a mom, but I do have an extremely busy schedule and feel the same way about this site- not sure I could keep going towards my goals without this site to help keep me accountable and motivated. Feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • miss_devon
    miss_devon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I have a 4 year old boy and 10 month old boy. I've been doing this for a few months now, down 20lbs. My biggest challenges are finding time for exercise and planning meals that the whole family will eat and enjoy. MFP has been great for finding inspiration in both those areas.
  • Chonchibean
    Options
    Hi! Also a mom of 1! A beautiful 8 month little girl. Trying to work off this pregnancy weight since i gained 65 lbs of it..no joke. Since having this little one ive lost 40 lbs and not that easily but i think i have found a good program and good foods. I log everything and also looking for support since i dont really get it from anyone. add me if you would like!
  • nalvarac
    nalvarac Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I have a 14 month old boy. I've been on MFP for a while now but just started using it daily. Feel free to add me. I look forward to making new friends.
  • cchartzell
    cchartzell Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey lady!

I am a 24-year-old mom of an amazing 3-year-old daughter.

For me, MFP has been a huge help in reaching and then maintaining my goal weight. But my daughter has become the best reason for me to STAY active and healthy. My hope is that I can model to her a healthy appreciation for my body that isn't based on numbers on a scale, but rather on what I can accomplish. Which is at least part of the reason I work out and eat nutritious foods, because I want her to grow up believing that she is strong, capable, and beautiful- because she is!

On a totally different note... since becoming a mom I look forward to my workouts so much more... because I know that for those minutes or hours I'm away, no one's gonna be tugging on my pants demanding goldfish crackers or Wonderpets :)
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Hey All!!!! I'm fairly new to this site (Which is AMAZING!). I'm finding that this site is my rock right now with my busy busy schedule and I'm looking for other Mommy friends who feel the same way! I'm 25 years old and I have an AMAZING 2 1/2 year old little boy. Aside from doing this for myself, he is my main inspiration!!! Do you have a child (or children) that is your inspiration? Tell me about you!

My 7yo son. I've promised myself that I'll be able to keep up with him well into his teen years - which means I have some work to do. Right now, my legs are twice as long as his, but within a few years, I'll be screwed if I don't keep working at getting more fit. :)
  • TinaLucan
    TinaLucan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm fairly new here myself, I'm a 26 year old mum of a 2.5 year old boy, so fairly similar to you.
    It's a great site, so addictive as well :-)
  • ScullyKel
    ScullyKel Posts: 69
    Options
    I have an awesome little 2 1/2 year old also who keeps me extremely busy. I'll send you an add request. It's always great to have some extra support and motivation to log in each day.
  • tonyote40
    tonyote40 Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome I have a 5 year old & 1 year old boys. Still trying to lose from the first one. Welcome. Add me if you need another mommy to help keep you running, not like the little ones don't keep us running enough!:happy:
  • AmyfromBama
    AmyfromBama Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 yrs old and I have 2 girls ... Kenslie is 3 yrs old and Katie is 18 months old!!!
  • SaraHaxton1
    Options
    Hey there, I am 36 and a mom of 3, I have a 7yr old son, and 5 yr old boy/girl twins. Plus I work the overnight shift at the local WalMart so I understand busy. Welcome.
  • amykins514
    amykins514 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also a mommy looking for support. My daughter is almost 14 months old, and it can be hard balancing her, work, my husband, my health, and just life in general. I'll send you a friend request, and hopefully we can support each other through this! :)