Busy 42 yr old looking for friends

Options
2»

Replies

• doingit4myprincesses
    doingit4myprincesses Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Always here for support and to be a friend!
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I will offer all I know about running.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • DonnaCW
    DonnaCW Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We can help each other! ;)
  • mandii61
    mandii61 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I'm nearly 50 and hoping to get fit enough for my birthday, at the end of the year to enjoy a reward holiday.
    I have struggled most of my life with weight. This site has helped a bit. PLEASE feel free to add me, the support
    would be great. I have lost in the last 3 months, 10lbs but still lots to go. I hope I can stay motivated enough.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Rose, I've been a runner for years. I got away from it about 7 yrs ago and started back last yr. I was about 30 lbs overweight. I suddenly realized about 3 months ago that I didn't overeat, but I ate too much that was bad! Ice cream cookies, etc. I'm not much of a french frie guy so that wasn't a problem. At the time I was runnig 2 1/2 to 3 miles 4 times a week. About 2 1/2 months ago I started writeing everything down that I eat along with the calories, then I found this site and it has really helped. I now run 3 to 6 miles a day, I am slower than you, I usually run at least an hour and the other day I did 2 hours. A few days ago I saw some popsicles with ice cream in them (24) I thought they would last a week , they lasted 2 1/2 days. I weighed in today and the damn ice cream cost me, so now I once again know I have no resistance so I can not have that stuff in the house.

Basil

I'd like to hear from you also!!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 44 and busy busy busy!
  • jsukhan
    jsukhan Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Always happy for more friends.
    I've been running most of my life, cross country and track as a teen. I guess its in my blood. Every summer I start running outside. About month ago I was doing 10 minute miles, now I'm down to 5.5. It will come with time. Just be determined to exercise everyday. Once you do something for 21 days in a row it becomes routine.
    Good luck.
  • donnao1
    donnao1 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm 42, add me. I need all the support I can get!