Dreaded stretch marks!!

Options
I got them in the summer of grade eight from a growth spurt, and the weight I put on just made them worse.
I'm just wondering if weight loss will still help make them 'less visible' (I know they don't really go away) even if weight gain wasn't the main cause of them to begin with?

Just something I thought of today. Any ideas?

Replies

• zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Any input to this at all would be great :)
    Or products that could help, I already know Bio oil can help lessen the appearance.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    stretch marks happen when you are building muscle too not just when you are going through a growth spurt or gaining weight. Its your skin "over" stretching. Get coconut oil and rub it on it will help but losing weight will help reduce the stretch marks. I have many
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    stretch marks happen when you are building muscle too not just when you are going through a growth spurt or gaining weight. Its your skin "over" stretching. Get coconut oil and rub it on it will help but losing weight will help reduce the stretch marks. I have many

I had never heard of the coconut oil, I will look into it thanks!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    They will eventually fade to silvery white and not be as prominent but once you have them, they are there to stay. Some people claim certain products will lessen their appearance. I suppose it's worth a try!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    They will eventually fade to silvery white and not be as prominent but once you have them, they are there to stay. Some people claim certain products will lessen their appearance. I suppose it's worth a try!

I had already tried bio oil on scars and stretch marks, it did work but very very slowly.
    (I wasn't losing weight at the time so I know it was the oil)
    A friend of mine also used it on acne scars, and they are now pretty much gone.
    I know my stretch marks are here to stay, i just wanted to know if losing weight will still diminish the ones cause from growth spurts.
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    uuuggghhh me too!!! Three babies are the culprits hahah! but I have come to this conclusion... I would rather have stretchies on a nice tight n tone body than a fat/flabbolicious one LOL!! will have to try the coconut tho.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Losing weight won't make them less visible, unfortunately. Apparently you can even get more from losing weight, although I've never really understood why. Anyway, they'll get less visible over time as they fade.
  • notpregnant23
    notpregnant23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i got some cocoa butter but haven't started using it yet
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I got stretch marks on my belly from gaining weight. Soo attractive. They're not as prominent now that I lost 14 lbs though.
  • lizziefood
    lizziefood Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In my experience , stretch marks will never go away since your skin basically tore. I got them aswell from growth spurt then weight gain , when I lost the weight they faded in color, where they used to be a dark-ish pink the went back to the same color as my other skin, so they are much less visible, I think that's all you can really hope for. But I say don't worry too much about stretch marks, lots of people have them .