High protein, high fibre grocery list..

Options
I need to arm myself with a list of high protein high fibre foods. Preferably foods that require very little preparation. Need your help! Grocery shopping tomorrow and I need interesting/easy ideas! Thank you in advance! xo

Replies

• F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    if you have an iphone I would recommend you the app shopwell.... is a great tool to tailor what you need for your diet... check it out...
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    High Protein:
    Greek yogurt
    cottage cheese
    cheese sticks
    eggs
    beef/turkey jerky
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Google Weight Watcher's Taco Bean Soup. Eat it over lettuce for a Taco salad, or just eat alone. My 32 yr. old son just called from the grocery store for the list of ingredients. The difference when I cook it is, to let it all sit in a crockpot for 5 hrs. on high, you'll love it!
  • sheltielover
    sheltielover Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    chicken breasts
    flank steak
    nuts- low sodium cashews
    protein mixes for shakes-- like whey protein-- easy way to get in a quick 20 grams!
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    lightly salted cashews,
    No salt pistachios,
    cottage cheese (breakstone has a low sodium kind but it has additives so i get the Daisy 2%),
    Carb balance tortillas (great to put chicken, rice, veggies, lunch meat or whatever you like),
    Low sodium sara lee lunch meat at the deli,
    string cheese (great to wrap with your lunch meat for extra protein),
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN =
    greek yogurt
    grilled chicken
    steak
    protein bars
    cheese
    protein shakes
    eggs

FIBER =
    clif bars
    fiber one bars
    flat out wraps
    apples
    peas
    carrots
    (a lot of veges)
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Google Weight Watcher's Taco Bean Soup. Eat it over lettuce for a Taco salad, or just eat alone. My 32 yr. old son just called from the grocery store for the list of ingredients. The difference when I cook it is, to let it all sit in a crockpot for 5 hrs. on high, you'll love it!

this sounds amazing! Will do, thank you :)
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas so far everyone... I'm copy pasting now...

I don't have an iphone, maybe there's a similar android app?
  • asnail
    asnail Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There are several variations of this soup. Which one do you use if you don't mind sharing?

Angela
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Canned lentils in water. Prep consists of opening can, rinsing and draining, then chuck them in anything, soups, stews, chillis, salads, wraps, burgers, curries - awesome protein and fibre, low fat and low calorie. Plus they taste good :)
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Canned lentils in water. Prep consists of opening can, rinsing and draining, then chuck them in anything, soups, stews, chillis, salads, wraps, burgers, curries - awesome protein and fibre, low fat and low calorie. Plus they taste good :)

Thanks for this... why do I always forget about lentils! I love them! xo