Headache........

I have had a killer headache for the past two days and it will NOT go AWAY!!!! I forced myself to work out yesterday and the day before, but I don't think I have it in me today. I'll be lucky to get my laundry and housework done:sick: I woke up and my head felt like it was going to fall off, or explode:explode: I didn't eat any breakfast, I felt too yucky. I ate half a sandwich and a cup of soup for lunch, maybe a good meal will help.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    I have had a killer headache for the past two days and it will NOT go AWAY!!!! I forced myself to work out yesterday and the day before, but I don't think I have it in me today. I'll be lucky to get my laundry and housework done:sick: I woke up and my head felt like it was going to fall off, or explode:explode: I didn't eat any breakfast, I felt too yucky. I ate half a sandwich and a cup of soup for lunch, maybe a good meal will help.
  • jillholleysmith
    jillholleysmith Posts: 30 Member
    My yoga instructor swears by hanging upside down. Either by standing and just letting the upper body dangle upside down for a bit (maybe 10 minutes) or by doing a headstand. She says it's the only thing that helps her headaches.

For me, I just take tylenol, ibuprofen and caffeine. If that doesn't work, I just push on. Occasionally I can alternate between cold and hot packs every 15 minuntes or so. Sometimes that helps.

Hope you feel better.
  • ware1616
    ware1616 Posts: 10 Member
    It sounds like you have a migraine! I get them to where I cant function or even do house work and a workout would be out of the question, which sounds like you. try exedrine migraine if that doesnt help, call your doc and get a script for maxalt or imitrex usually they have samples. They are a life saver for me, within a half hour of taking them I can get back to my normal life! I hope you feel better.
  • GTOgirl1969
    It sounds like you have a migraine! I get them to where I cant function or even do house work and a workout would be out of the question, which sounds like you. try exedrine migraine if that doesnt help, call your doc and get a script for maxalt or imitrex usually they have samples. They are a life saver for me, within a half hour of taking them I can get back to my normal life! I hope you feel better.

I was on Imitrex, and it made me feel like all the blood in my body was rushing into my face:frown: very unpleasant feeling. If it isn't any better by in the morning I'm going to go to the walk-in clinic near my house and get checked out.
  • jfiscer
    jfiscer Posts: 24
    I feel for ya, I get headaches like this occasionally
    and the only thing that gets rid of them is excedrin, but
    I take that only as a last resort.
    I know it sounds silly but try drinking a couple of cups
    of tea with honey, this helps me sometimes.
  • K.Ann
    K.Ann Posts: 37
    In my stress management class they say that a large portion of peoples migraines and headaches are stress and tension related. So maybe you should try some stress relievers and tension reducers. Like take a nice bubble bath, maybe some meditation or yoga. Also make sure you are drinking enough water.
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    I have headache problems too. Most of the time no matter what I do, they won't go away! Sometimes when I push myself to do Turbo Jam, by the time I'm done my headache is gone. I don't know why...? It's a curious thing. No medicines help my headaches... but if you figure something out, let me know! I hope you feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    I tried to do my reg. 40 minutes on the elliptical...barely managed ten before I felt like I was going to :sick:
    or pass out:frown: I haven't been able to eat much today either..at least I won't have to worry about going over on calories:ohwell: