BodyMedia Fit

Options
There's a topic on Fitbit, I wanna see what people have to say about BMF. So far, to me, it seems the better option for me personally. Who all owns one, what advice, pros, and cons, do you have to share? Thanks! :)

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media Fit. I was surprised to see how many calories that I burn on a daily basis. I am very pleased with the results that I have gotten thus far. The only negative is that it isn't very discreet so depending on what you are wearing, everyone can see it.
  • karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have had one for years and love it. I've gotten addicted to seeing how much I burn every day, especially if I have a busier day than usual. They are a bit obvious, but if I'm going somewhere that I don't want it to be seen on my arm, I'll wear it on my calf. I've tested it on both legs and both arms, and all the readings are similar (for me, at least). Also, if I make sure mine fits properly, most of the time, I forget it's there.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    I love mine. I have such fat arms that I don't wear short sleeves so I don't have concern about anyone seeing it.. but that's just me !

They have a special running on their site of $99 with 1 year free subscription to the website.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I have one and really love it. So much that I've developed some sort of water blister underneath it! It seems to want to sit in the exact same spot on my arm... so I've now had to to shift it down on my arm until the blister heals. I'm so glad I got one though. It really does come in handy.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I used BMF for about a year, then switched to a FitBit.

I prefer the FitBit. The online dashboard/activity reports are a little more user-friendly and interesting to me. Their site is overall more user friendly.

My stats from FitBit mirror what the BMF spit out, almost exactly.

While I love my BMF in the beginning, and for a long while, I grew really tired of having that big strap on my arm. It got uncomfortable, the device and strap showed wear (scuffs and fraying) and replacements are pricey.

Even though I had the bluetooth model, and could check stats on my phone during the day, it was still less accessible to get my stats in real-time. The bluetooth was often on the fritz, at the gym it would often not sync at all, etc. With FitBit my stats are always available, quickly.
  • lythiam
    lythiam Posts: 32
    Options
    I love mine. I have such fat arms that I don't wear short sleeves so I don't have concern about anyone seeing it.. but that's just me !

They have a special running on their site of $99 with 1 year free subscription to the website.

Sweet! But, do I have to have the subscription? I really just wanted the BMF itself, I don't want to pay year after year, ya know? Or does it require the site?
  • lythiam
    lythiam Posts: 32
    Options

I prefer the FitBit. The online dashboard/activity reports are a little more user-friendly and interesting to me. Their site is overall more user friendly.

While I love my BMF in the beginning, and for a long while, I grew really tired of having that big strap on my arm. It got uncomfortable, the device and strap showed wear (scuffs and fraying) and replacements are pricey.

Even though I had the bluetooth model, and could check stats on my phone during the day, it was still less accessible to get my stats in real-time. The bluetooth was often on the fritz, at the gym it would often not sync at all, etc. With FitBit my stats are always available, quickly.

I'd be afraid of the Fitbit not staying in place. Do you experience this issue?
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I'd be afraid of the Fitbit not staying in place. Do you experience this issue?

I wear it on my bra strap and the only time I have a bit of an issue with it there is when I'm giving my kids a bath. There is something in the way I lean over the tub that makes it start pushing up to the point I'm afraid it could fall off (and into the water - yikes). It's not a problem when I lean over to pick things up or tie my shoes, etc. Just something about the leaning over that bathtub!
    My husband wears one on his waist and no issues for him either.