going on

Options
This week has really sucked. My grandma died a week ago, so this week has been very difficult....between just feeling bad, and being so busy with visitation and the funeral, my diet has gone to crap. I haven't worked out at all, and I haven't felt like cooking so we have been eating out and just eating whatever we could get quickly.

She was 83, so she lived a good long life....but she was still in seemingly great health and her mind was still so sharp, so it was very unexpected relatively speaking. She and I were very close....I miss her a lot. But I can just hear her saying, take it easy this week and get back on track next week (tomorrow) so I will try. Just needed to vent.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It is totally ok to eat like crap and be sedentary for a while. Take a week, take 4 weeks, just know that you can get back to being healthier.

You CAN eat well again. You CAN go workout again. There will be days where you do not feel exhausted and drained from the mourning and emotions of loss. Don't try to rush yourself, but don't be afraid to give yourself a pep talk to get back into it again, too.

What you imagine your grandma saying is fantastic. Take it easy this week and get back on track.

*hug* I'm sorry to hear about the loss. They are always difficult, more so when you are close to the person.
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    This week has really sucked. My grandma died a week ago, so this week has been very difficult....between just feeling bad, and being so busy with visitation and the funeral, my diet has gone to crap. I haven't worked out at all, and I haven't felt like cooking so we have been eating out and just eating whatever we could get quickly.

She was 83, so she lived a good long life....but she was still in seemingly great health and her mind was still so sharp, so it was very unexpected relatively speaking. She and I were very close....I miss her a lot. But I can just hear her saying, take it easy this week and get back on track next week (tomorrow) so I will try. Just needed to vent.

So sorry for your loss. I have felt that same pain so I understand what you're saying. You will get back on track. You can come to my page and vent anytime.

Tom

:smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Oh wow I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that you will find peace and solace again, but for now, take the time to grieve. You need it.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Stay focused on your weight loss goals, but one week won't affect good habits over the course of several months/ years.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I've decided to still take it easy (ie not counting calories) but still making smart choices. It's not something I can keep up long term, but I think for the next week or so it's smarter to go easier on myself. But I did get out and burn almost 700 calories playing tennis, so I'm compromising with myself.