Motivation Marbles :-)

Options
Hey y'all!

I went to the craft store and made myself some "Motivation Marbles" yesterday. LOL. Yes, I realize it sounds like I've lost my marbles...but look here and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about:

http://hotmessprincess.com/2012/01/motivation-marbles/

Having these around has really helped me get my focus together. I see them first thing in the morning, they remind me of my goal as soon as I see them (and they make me smile because they're pretty!). And I love, love, love when I get to take a few out and drop 'em in the next jar.

Anyway, for what it's worth...I hope it works for ya. It was a fun little craft project and I love mine!

Replies

• CindyGrey
    Options
    So now I've been motivated to get my big butt off the computer chair and go find a couple jars and some of those marbles I know I have stashed away somewhere.
  • Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great idea! We are currently doing something like this at our TOPS club....but instead of marbles we're using coins. A dime is one pound, a nickle is a half pound, and a penny is a quarter pound. We each had to predict how much weight we think we can lose in 14 weeks....as we lose we get to transfer the coins from one jar to the other. So....if you don't have marbles you can use coins too! Good luck! :-)
  • SteffieSunshine
    SteffieSunshine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I found your marble photo on Google, and made my own yesterday! It really is a fun idea, and does help to keep the focus!

I included a large gem for my "half way there" mark, as well as my goal weight. I also included a silver star to mark when I have lost 10% of my body weight.

What an awesome idea! Thanks!