cranberry juice and sugar

Options
acasey0123
acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
so Im meeting with my doctor today about a possible UTI but Ive been told to be constantly drinking 100% cranberry juice but Im scared with all that sugar...I know drinking this is for my health but Im still scared. Not to mention thats basically my only consimption of calories within the past 24 hours

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Cranberry juice is excellent for urinary health. But why aren't you eating any solid food?
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You can do what you Dr. said...but buy non sweetened cranberry juice and and a no cal sweetener.

But, if it were me, I would just drink more water. I cant see your diary so I dont know how much you drink. But unless you have a medical condition that causes chronic UTI's, water should be enough to keep you flushed out.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Cranberry juice is excellent for urinary health. But why aren't you eating any solid food?

ive got pressure in lower stomach and so im not hungry....like went to the mall today and chix teryaki from the japanese place in the food court and i ALWAYS crave that and/or a pretzel and that didnt look good
  • hjsmith
    hjsmith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well...hopefully, you got the 100% cranberry juice w/ no additional sweeteners (ie: sugar, corn syrup). Having a couple of glasses a day just until you are feeling better shouldn't do much harm. The water is the most important thing. Also, AZO sells a cranberry supplement...usually right beside the urinary tract infection medicine. That would be a low cal option. Just keep pumping that water.