Hi protein root beer floates

Options
This is from Lee Hayward
just thought I would share

Summer is here and a great way to beat the heat is to kick back and enjoy a delicious Ice Cold Root Beer Float. But I'm not talking about the regular Root Beer Floats that you're used to having as a kid. No, No, No... In this video I'm going to share a killer recipe that I just tried today for making healthy sugar-free & fat-free Root Beer Floats that are also high in protein! This is all you have to do: - Pour 1 cup of Diet Root Beer (i.e. sugar free root beer) in the blender. - Add in 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder. - Blend this up until the protein powder is dissolved. - Stop the blender and add in about 6-8 ice cubes. - Blend it all up until it's nice a creamy. Pour this mixture into a glass, filling it about 3/4 full. Then top up the rest of the glass with more Diet Root Beer. This makes enough for 2 servings. That's it! It tastes just like having vanilla ice cream mixed in with your Root Beer, but all the calories are coming from whey protein without any of the sugar and fat that you'd get with a regular root beer float. Give this one a try the next time you need a cool summer time treat.

Replies

• bjohn083
    bjohn083 Posts: 3
    Options
    nice! I'll have to try it!
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i never thought of mixing protein powder with soda. I have Optimum Nutrition Vanilla ice cream protein powder so I will definitely have to try this, I love root beer floats.
  • moglie1914
    moglie1914 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • beinggood
    beinggood Posts: 36
    Options
    Great! Love Root Beer Floats! I have to try it! :)
  • emilyc19
    emilyc19 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump :) sounds yummy thanks!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Thanks SO much for sharing, I didn't even think of this! PRO7 makes an Orange Dream that would taste great in Diet Vanilla Cream Soda!!!!! And I thought I'd given up icecream:)))))
  • BrendaHyde
    BrendaHyde Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • husstlebusstle
    Options
    Nice!