Hunger tips

Options
Hello, just wondered if anybody had any good tips on stopping the feeling of being hungry :)
Thank you!

Replies

• Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Options
    Caffeine
    Water
    Google
  • Elimax217
    Elimax217 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used to feel hungry all the time I tried and still drink the slim fast shakes for breakfast and sometimes lunch. I never feel hungry anymore like I used to between meals.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Caffiene helps in the short term. Long term, look to foods that increase your brain's sense of "fullness." A quick google search shoudl provide you with a number of options to choose.
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello, just wondered if anybody had any good tips on stopping the feeling of being hungry :)
    Thank you!

Fluids!! Water, flavored, regular, or carbonated flavored, I love low cal sweet tea! ( I love any kinda sweet tea)
    grapes--great to munch on!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If I feel I REALLY must have something I have a coffee with skim milk or a cup a soup- lowest cal ones.
    Have been told many times though that thirst can be mistaken for hunger so try a big glass ( or two) of water first to see if
    the feeling goes. :)
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have found that foods really high in fiber keep you full a LONG time. Try Kashi products. They are low in fat and some taste great. Like Berry Blossom cereal!!!!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    If I don't have a carb with my meal, I don't feel satisfied.

Some people say that protein helps you to feel full.

I try to keep some kind of fruit around to snack on when I feel the munchies coming on, but if it's true hunger, I eat something, try to keep low cal. True hunger, for me, can be satisfied...
  • Kl3ve008
    Kl3ve008 Posts: 6
    Options
    WATER!!!!! No artificial sweeteners!!!!
  • kimberleybabe
    Options
    Thank you everybody:) been a big help x