Wedding Reception Games

Options
Hi all,

I need some suggestions on fun games that can be played at a wedding reception.

Thank you in advance for all your help ;)

So far I have one where the bride/groom sit back to back holding one shoe from each other and will use them to answer questions. Such as, who will change the babies diaper etc etc

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    At a reception?

My reception was music, food and booze.

I did not know games were - or could be - part of this.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    if you need to play games you aren't having a fun wedding reception.
  • 2012Mich
    2012Mich Posts: 93
    Options
    OMG really.. people don't have entertainment at a reception?? This is going to be harder than I thought.. maybe that's why I was given the task.

Perhaps i should clarify. It's not all games. They will have the usual speeches, first dance, they've hired dancers and wanted a game where the bride/groom can interact with the crowd.. a game to give away the center pieces.. that sort of thing.. usually the DJ does something to make the bride/groom kiss.. they would like to come up with something fun on their own..

Looking for something that someone was a part of and thought was fun.. I've done a google search and there are tons of suggestions.. but seemed kinda boring..

help me out pls.. ;)
  • ChamLis88
    ChamLis88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I went to a wedding a few months ago, the basically had the DJ auction off/or on the garter belt.. so the guys were bidding money to take the garter down her leg, girls were bidding money to move it up... it was a lot of fun and the bride/groom got some extra cash on top of the other gifts.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    At a reception?

Yeah I mean I figure the reception is you eat, you drink, you dance, there are some speeches that make me cry, a few specific dances (first dance, father/daughter etc), toss the bouquet, fling the garter, and that's about it.

I don't really see the need for games at the reception when you've got an open bar and great music!
  • 2012Mich
    Options
    Thanks lisachambers. Exactly the kind of suggestion I'm looking for ;)
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I just got married for the second time and we didn't do any sort of games at all at either reception, just ate, speeched, drank and danced...my Daughter got married this year also, same thing, no games, and my son in law was a best man on Saturday, and again, no games...

Maybe its a North American thing, have been to many Weddings, as was bridesmaid about 7 times, never had one single game at any of them.
  • 2012Mich
    Options
    At Asian receptions they serve a 10 course meal and during the meal they have a lot of entertainment and games. There is less time for a dance when a 10 course meal is served. So I guess that may be the difference.

Just wondering what do they do to get the bride/groom to kiss and how do they give away the centerpieces?

Thanks
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    At a reception?

this.....there are time for games??? between pictures that need to be taken, saying thank yous, the dances, speeches, cake cutting, flower/garter throwing, drinking and doing rounds of the thank yous.....I cant imagine trying to do this at my wedding...

....maybe a game if it starts to go dead? I guess it depends on size too---how many guests??
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I went to a wedding a few months ago, the basically had the DJ auction off/or on the garter belt.. so the guys were bidding money to take the garter down her leg, girls were bidding money to move it up... it was a lot of fun and the bride/groom got some extra cash on top of the other gifts.

ok this sounds awesome. who took it down, who brought up? was it a hit?
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i was at a wedding where the MC had the person with the closest birthday to whatever stand up and grab the rest of the table members and bring them onto the dancefloor.

on the dancefloor they taught dancemoves to cultural music. it was really cute and got everyone dancing really quickly.

ie: before the music started, MC says, "with the left hand you are turning a doorknob and with the right hand you are twisting in a lightbulb in the cieling", and then indian music played.

lots of fun. i love the idea of auctioning the garter belt....i think i might use this!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

ok this sounds awesome. who took it down, who brought up? was it a hit?

i too want to hear more details
  • Mobile54dj
    Options
    You can Dancing, food/Drinks and Games There are many games out there for wedding

Google Show Games
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    At Asian receptions they serve a 10 course meal and during the meal they have a lot of entertainment and games. There is less time for a dance when a 10 course meal is served. So I guess that may be the difference.

Just wondering what do they do to get the bride/groom to kiss and how do they give away the centerpieces?

Thanks

I was at one recently where, if any guest started tapping their glass with a spoon (like the way you'd get peoples attention for a speech), other guests had to join in and no matter what the B&G were doing, they had to stop it, run to eachother and kiss. It was pretty cute :)