One room workout that doesn't require weights/machinery?

Options
I live in the South, and I'm not complaining, but it's hot!! I LOVE swimming, but I can;t do it everyday...what are some one room exercises I can do without weights or equipment? I'm not really looking to build a lot of muscle (I already have a lot), just to burn the fat and lose some inches. Any ideas?

Replies

• xxmishellyxx
    Options
    zumba is good or just over all dancing. I want to see the answers others will show
  • sburesh93
    sburesh93 Posts: 12
    Options
    How exactly does Zumba work? Is it DVD's?? I don't have a Wii or an xBox or anything lol
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of exercises that you can do with just your own body weight that will leave you sore and out of breath.

Squats, pushups, crunches, planks, lunges, jumping jacks and several variations on each of those. If you buy a simple, cheap resistance band you can do even more.

Take each one of those and do each one for 2 minutes or as long as you can. Do that for every one, then do it all over again. Twice in a row and you have already been working out for 30 minutes! (6, 7 or 8 exercises for 2 minutes each, twice over is 24-32 minutes)

All of this with little to no equipment :bigsmile:

You can also YouTube any of the exercises mentioned here and see video explanations of how they are done. Good luck!
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I suggest Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. She tells you you need weights; but for some of the exercises, you can skim by without them.

Also, jumping jacks, travelling pushups, burpees, squat thrusts, mountain climbers, different types of crunches...

Furthermore, you can use your own body weight as a resistance workout.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I suggest Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. She tells you you need weights; but for some of the exercises, you can skim by without them.

Also, jumping jacks, travelling pushups, burpees, squat thrusts, mountain climbers, different types of crunches...

Furthermore, you can use your own body weight as a resistance workout.
    How could I forget burpees and mountain climbers?! Haha, those will help you get a real workout in :happy:

Also if you are looking for a quick and cheap weight fix for a DVD program, a gallon of water weighs 8+ pounds, you can do all sorts of lifts with a full one or even half or quart containers.
  • sburesh93
    sburesh93 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I appreciate the help!!! :D